Beyoncé Knowles became known to the masses as a member of Destiny’s Child. Destiny’s Child accumulated four number one hits on top of the Billboard Hot 100. The songs include “Bills, Bills, Bills”, “Say My Name”, “Independent Women” and “Bootylicious”. Other big hits include “No, No, No”, “Lose My Breath”, “Soldier” and “Jumpin’, Jumpin'”. The group is best known for their line-up of Beyoncé Knowles, Kelly Rowland, and Michelle Williams. Their first album was released in 1998 titled Destiny’s Child and their final album was Destiny Fulfilled in 2004.
That is Beyoncé’s past which made her part of who she is today as a solo artist. However, our list of best Beyoncé songs excludes songs while she was a member of Destiny’s Child. Our best of Beyoncé songs only includes songs as a solo artist. Beyoncé’s debut album was released in 2003 titled Dangerously in Love. She is still producing albums today.
Beyoncé has won 20 Grammy Awards to date and is the most nominated Grammy Award recipient of all-time, 52 times. In 2008, Beyoncé married Jay-Z, aka Shawn Carter. Beyoncé herself and with Jay Z, she/they are one of the most influential person/couple in the music industry. She is considered by many as the artist of the decade from 2000-2009.
Best Beyoncé Songs
10. Run the World (Girls) Released in 2011 on album 4. The song reached number 29 on the US Billboard Hot 100. Great Lyrics: “My persuasion can build a nation, Endless power, with our love we can devour, You’ll do anything for me”
9. Baby Boy Released in 2003 on album Dangerously In Love. Topped the Billboard Hot 100 at #1. Great Lyrics: “Baby boy you stay on my mind, Fulfill my fantasies, I think about you all the time, I see you in my dreams”
8. If I Were A Boy Released in 2008 on album I Am… Sasha Fierce. Peaked at #3 on the Billboard Hot 100. Great Lyrics: “If I were a boy, I think I could understand, How it feels to love a girl, I swear I’d be a better man.”
7. Best Thing I Never Had Released 2011 on album 4. Peaked #16 on the Billboard Hot 100. Great Lyrics: “When I think that there was a time that I almost loved you, You showed your ass and baby yes I saw the real you”
6. Drunk In Love Released in 2013 on album Beyoncé. Topped #2 on the Billboard Hot 100. Great Lyrics: “Oh baby, drunk in love we be all night, Last thing I remember is our beautiful bodies grinding up in the club, Drunk in love”
5. Listen Released in 2007 and on albums Dreamgirls and B’Day. Peaked #61 on the Billboard Hot 100. Great Lyrics: “I’m more than what you made of me, I followed the voice you gave to me, But now I gotta find my own”
4. Irreplaceable Released in 2006 on album B’Day. Topped #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Great Lyrics: “Standing in the front yard, Tellin’ me, how I’m such a fool, Talkin’ bout, I’ll never ever find a man like you, You got me twisted”
3. Crazy in Love featuring Jay-Z Released 2003 on album Dangerously in Love Topped #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Great Lyrics”The way that you know what I thought I knew, It’s the beat my heart skips when I’m with you, But I still don’t understand, Just how your love can do what no one else can.”
2. Halo Released 2009 on album I Am… Sasha Fierce. Peaked at #5 on the Billboard Hot 100. Great Lyrics: “You know you’re my saving grace, You’re everything I need and more, It’s written all over your face Baby, I can feel your halo”
1. Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) Released in 2008 on album I Am… Sasha Fierce. Topped #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Great Lyrics: “Don’t be mad once you see that he want it, If you liked it then you should’ve put a ring on it”
Matt loves listening to any music style he can understand the words. He lives in the wedding capital of the world, Las Vegas, with his wife Sharon. Matt's other likes include craft beer, baseball, and traveling.