1992 was a year of sentimental and emotional love ballads that often find their way into wedding ceremonies today. Celine Dion, George Strait, and Whitney Houston are just some of the music legends that contributed to this list of the best 1992 wedding songs.
Best Wedding Songs of 1992
I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
Whitney Houston‘s version of this Dolly Parton classic has become a staple of modern wedding ceremonies. It’s lyrics and music make it suitable for many parts of a wedding ceremony, but it is often used prior to the lighting of unity candles or just before the bride and groom make their entrance.
If You Asked Me To – Celine Dion
This cover of a Patti LaBelle original was one of Celine Dion‘s breakthrough hits in the 1990s. It was penned by legendary songwriter Dianne Warren, and it speaks of the commitment that a woman is willing to make for her partner on your wedding day.
Keep the Faith – Bon Jovi
80s rockers Bon Jovi were still going strong in 1992 with this hit that reflects how important it is for partners to stand together against life’s challenges. It will remind you and your spouse on your wedding day that a little faith in each other goes a long way toward making a relationship last.
She Is His Only Need – Wynonna
Wynonna Judd captured the essence of lifelong love in her country hit from 1992. This song will definitely appeal to those couples who love country music, but it has a contemporary vibe and meaningful lyrics that all couples can appreciate.
No Ordinary Love – Sade
“No Ordinary Love” was the second of two big hits for Sade, and this one speaks of a love that is unique and special. Use it on your wedding day as a reminder that you and your partner have found a life-changing love that is different from anything that you have known before.
Love Can Move Mountains – Celine Dion
There is a truth in this song by Celine Dion that expresses what every bride must feel on her wedding day. Many couples like to include this song in their ceremony because it reminds them of all the things that had to happen to make marriage a reality.
Feels Like Heaven – Peter Cetera and Chaka Khan
A good romantic duet is always a good choice for weddings, and this one from Peter Cetera and Chaka Khan hits all the right notes. It can create a special moment when you use it for that first dance with your new spouse.
A Whole New World – Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle
Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle combined their voices on this chart-topper from the soundtrack to Disney’s love song from Aladdin. This is a song that was specially made for you and your spouse to celebrate all the potential of life together, and that life begins today.
Real Love – Mary J. Blige
Those who want something a little bit soulful for their wedding ceremony should consider this song from Mary J. Blige. It is best used as a dance tune at the wedding reception, and it has lyrics that reinforce how distinct and special your love is for your partner.
Saving Forever for You – Shanice
Shanice climbed the charts in 1992 with this song of devotion that many couples find appropriate for their wedding ceremony. It indicates that you grasp the magnitude of your wedding vows, and it lets everyone know that your spouse holds the only key to your heart.
In This Life – Collin Raye
Collin Raye has one of the smoothest voices in all of Country music, and it resonates with passion on this 1992 love ballad. It is a song that talks about all the twists and turns life can bring, and how having that special someone to stand beside us makes every challenge a joy.
I Cross My Heart – George Strait
“I Cross My Heart” by George Strait may very well be the number one country song choice for weddings. This is a song that you will want to include in the actual ceremony because its lyrics are a simple expression of the very vows that you will exchange.
Two Sparrows in a Hurricane – Tanya Tucker
A frequent theme on your wedding day is how two partners cling together through the good times and the bad. This song from Tanya Tucker follows a couple through the entirety of their life together as they embrace what it means to be faithful and devoted to one another. This is our first dance song!
I Will Be Here for You – Michael W. Smith
Christian artist Michael W. Smith co-wrote this song with Diane Warren and it became one of the biggest Christian contemporary hits of the year. There is a solemn promise embedded in the message of this song, one that complements traditional wedding vows.
Love Comes True – The Newsboys
Gospel artists The Newsboys sang about the power of genuine love in this Christian song from 1992. It is a wholesome song that can be used for your wedding recessional, and it also has been used by couples for a first dance at their reception.
Let It Be Love – Cindy Morgan
There are many brides who go through life wondering when their special one will appear, and sometimes the journey to true happiness can take so very long. This song by Cindy Morgan expresses the optimism that there is someone for everyone and that true love will always overcome life’s trials.
How Do You Talk to an Angel? – The Heights
The Heights is an oft-overlooked band from the 1990s that scored with this song from the television series that gave the band its name. It is an appropriate wedding song for grooms to dedicate to their bride on your wedding day after those reception speeches.
Do It to Me – Lionel Richie
Lionel Richie is always a popular choice for wedding playlists, and this song has a nice vibe for slow dancing. It expresses those unmistakable feelings of love at first sight that you can never forget.
Giving Him Something He Can Feel – En Vogue
There are songs that you will choose for your wedding day that are meant to be different, especially when it comes to the tunes your DJ will spin at the party. “Giving Him Something He Can Feel” by En Vogue has that sensual vibe that everyone will want to dance to, and it also makes for a great wedding day send-off song.
A Million Love Songs – Take That
The English boy band Take That touches on how music relates to love in this song from 1992. It’s a nostalgic selection for your wedding day that speaks of how each song you hear when falling in love reminds you of your partner.
If I Ever Fall in Love – Shai
September 1992, …If I Ever Fall in Love
The beautiful harmonies of Shai wrap the lyrics of this song in wedding day perfection. It is a song that speaks of how important it is for lovers to be friends above all else, and it acknowledges how love can grow from that initial seed into a lifetime of commitment.
Listen to our best 1992 wedding songs playlist on Spotify.
We hope you liked our list of 1992 wedding songs. If you have a song that should be included on our list, be sure to comment it below. Also, check out our complete list of the best 90s wedding songs.
Celebrating wedding songs of 1992. Where were you and what was happening?
If you were one of the weddings in 1992…
Congratulations on your wedding of 1992. You share your anniversary with the following events.
Celebrity Weddings of 1992
- Renee Suran married Slash
- Aisha Tyler wed Jeff Tietjens
- Divya Bharati married Sajid Nadiadwala
- Paul Simon wed Edie Brickell
- David Gahan married Teresa Conroy
News Highlights of 1992
- A court in Milwaukee, Wisconsin sentences serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer to life in prison.
- LAPD police officers accused of excessive force in their severe beating of Rodney King, are found “not guilty”. The verdict results in several days of riots in L.A. and smaller riots around the country.
- Jay Leno takes over as host of NBC’s Tonight Show, following the retirement of Johnny Carson.
- During a spelling bee Vice President Dan Quayle erroneously corrects a student’s spelling of the word potato, by indicating it should have an e at the end.
- U.S. Marshalls seek the siege of Ruby Ridge.
- Bill Clinton defeats incumbent U.S. President George H.W. Bush and businessman H. Ross Perot to become U.S. President.
1992 Sports Champions:
- The Toronto Blue Jays win the World Series over the Atlanta Braves.
- Super Bowl XXVI – The Washington Redskins win over the Buffalo Bills, 37-24.
- The Chicago Bulls win the NBA Title over the Portland Trail Blazers.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins win the Stanley Cup over the Chicago Blackhawks.
Music Highlights of 1992
- Grammy’s Song of 1992: Unforgettable – Natalie Cole with Nat King Cole
- The Heights – How Do I Talk To An Angel
- U2 – One
- Arrested Development – People Everyday
- The Cure – Friday I’m In Love
- Ugly Kid Joe – Everything About You
- TLC – What About Your Friends
- En Vogue – Free Your Mind
- Boyz II Men – End OF The Road
- Sir Mix-A-Lot – Baby Got Back
- Kris Kross – Jump
- Vanessa Williams – Save The Best For Last
- TLC – Baby, Baby, Baby
- Eric Clapton – Tears In Heaven
- En Vogue – My Lovin’ (You’re Never Gonna Get It)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – Under The Bridge
- Color Me Badd – All For Love
- Jon Secada – Just Another Day
- Right Said Fred – I’m Too Sexy
- Billy Ray Cyrus – Achy Breaky Heart
- Mariah Carey – I’ll Be There
- Guns N’ Roses – November Rain
- Tom Cochrane – Life Is A Highway
- CeCe Peniston – Finally
- House Of Pain – Jump Around
- Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit
- Jodeci – Come And Talk To Me
- Sophie B Hawkins – Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover
- Boyz II Men – It’s So Hard To Say Goodbye
- Technotronic – Move This
- Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
- Hammer – 2 Legit 2 Quit
- K.W.S. – Please Don’t Go
Entertainment Highlights of 1992
- Best Picture: The Silence of the Lambs: Edward Saxon, Kenneth Utt, Ronald M. Bozman
- Best Actor: Anthony Hopkins – The Silence of the Lambs
- Best Actress: Jodie Foster – The Silence of the Lambs
Top Television Shows:
- 60 Minutes, Roseanne, Home Improvement, Murphy Brown, Murder, She Wrote, Coach, Monday Night Football, Cheers, Full House, Northern Exposure
Learn more about 1992 on Wikipedia. Thank you for visiting our page – wedding songs of 1992.