1991 was an amazing year for wedding songs. Diana Ross, Bryan Adams, Dolly Parton, and others made it a memorable year with tender ballads that will add emotion to your wedding ceremony. Here is a list of the top wedding songs from 1991.
Best Wedding Songs of 1991
My Wedding Songs is a reader-supported website. As an Amazon Associate, we earn revenue from qualifying purchases.
(Everything I Do) I Do It for You – Bryan Adams
Bryan Adams contributed this song to the soundtrack for Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves in 1991, and since that time it has become a wedding favorite. Many couples use this song as a focal point of their wedding ceremony, and it can also be used to introduce the new couple at the reception.
Baby Baby – Amy Grant
Amy Grant moved beyond her Christian contemporary roots with this hit and others in the 1990s. It’s a wholesome love ballad that resonates with themes of commitment, faith, and trust, and it should be included on your wedding reception playlist.
Love Is a Wonderful Thing – Michael Bolton
Michael Bolton covered this Isley Brothers tune to perfection, and the lyrics sum up all the emotions newlyweds feel on your wedding day. It can set the stage for a memorable first dance with your new partner.
Rhythm of My Heart – Rod Stewart
Rod Stewart‘s Scottish-inspired track has become a staple of many wedding celebrations. It is an especially good choice if you or your partner have ties to Scotland, but it serves the purpose well for all couples who want to add a modern feel to their wedding processional.
I Adore Mi Amor – Color Me Badd
This song by Color Me Badd is a straightforward dedication of love that is tailor-made for weddings. It speaks of love in multiple languages, and the song is especially beautiful for couples with Hispanic ancestry.
Something to Talk About – Bonnie Raitt
Everyone will be talking about you and your spouse on your wedding day, so give them something to talk about when you dance to this song by Bonnie Raitt. It has the perfect groove that will have all of your wedding guests up on their feet to join you in celebrating happiness.
She’s In Love with the Boy – Trisha Yearwood
Every young woman can relate to this country song by Trisha Yearwood. The lyrics sum up a bride’s resolve to spend the rest of her life with the man she has chosen, and your wedding DJ should put this song at the top of the list.
Forever Together – Randy Travis
Randy Travis recorded this song especially for wedding use, and it is suitable for many parts of the ceremony. Forever is a theme that you will want to celebrate on your special day, and this song is a perfect expression of love’s everlasting glory.
Rockin’ Years – Dolly Parton and Ricky Van Shelton
Finding a love to grow old with is something every person desires, and you have achieved that very thing. Dolly Parton and Ricky Van Shelton deliver a beautiful duet that speaks of loving your spouse through all the years to come.
Love, Me – Collin Raye
Collin Raye’s “Love, Me” has become one of the most often used country songs in wedding ceremonies. Many couples use the poignant ballad as an interlude before they join hands and begin to say their wedding vows.
When a Man Loves a Woman – Michael Bolton
There is no way to number how many couples have chosen this song for their first dance as a married couple. The Michael Bolton version of the Percy Sledge classic was released in 1991, and it is still in frequent rotation on the radio today.
When You Tell Me That You Love Me – Diana Ross
Diana Ross is one of the most iconic voices in music history, and including her soulful rendition of this song is a wise choice on your wedding day. This is a song of empowerment, one that lets your spouse know all the ways in which they make you a better person.
Future Love Paradise – Seal
Do you often dream of the perfect world that you and your partner will begin to create on your wedding day? That dream is what this song from Seal is all about, and it can be used to great effect when you include it in your wedding ceremony.
Love…Thy Will Be Done – Martika
Prince produced this song by Martika, a lyrical declaration that your search for true love is over. You will relate to the expressions of sweet surrender in this song as you promise to have and to hold your new spouse through good times and bad.
Power of Love/Love Power – Luther Vandross
This song from Luther Vandross was nominated for a Soul Train Music Award as the best single of 1991, and it still finds its way into many wedding ceremonies today. Love is indeed a powerful transformative force, and this song will convey to all of your wedding guests that you understand the importance of this special day.
Emotions – Mariah Carey
There are so many emotions that dominate the heart on your wedding day, and Mariah Carey sings about them in this strong ballad. It is a song that you can dance to with your spouse, and it also has been used to introduce the new bride and groom as they greet the guests at their reception.
These Are the Days of Our Lives – Queen
Freddie Mercury was in his final days when this Queen ballad topped the charts in 1991. It may have been Freddie’s goodbye, but the lyrics are a powerful celebration of sharing a life with someone that brings out the best in your heart.
Somewhere, Somebody – Aaron Neville
Few voices are as distinctive as that of Aaron Neville, and using this song at your wedding is sure to bring chills to everyone present. It’s a song that expresses the hope that there is someone for everyone, and today you can take joy in knowing that you found the right somebody to share your life with.
Till I Found You – Marty Stuart
This song was a big hit for country artist Marty Stuart in 1991, and it is a great wedding choice for couples that want to add a country theme to their wedding. The lyrics of the song convey how empty life was until you found your partner, so don’t be shy or afraid to sing this with a backing track for your spouse.
Hopelessly Yours – Lee Greenwood and Suzy Bogguss
“Hopelessly Yours” is a romantic duet by Lee Greenwood and Suzy Bogguss that hits all the right notes on your wedding day. It is most suited to the wedding processional as the bridesmaids and other members of the wedding party make their way down the aisle.
Brand New Man – Brooks & Dunn
This hit from country duo Brooks & Dunn is a nice choice for grooms that want to dedicate something special to their bride at the wedding reception. It has an upbeat vibe that makes it great for dancing, and the lyrics speak of how a woman brings out the best in the man she loves.
You may also like our list of the best 1990 wedding songs of all-time.
Celebrating wedding songs of 1991. Where were you and what was happening?
If you were one of the weddings in 1991…
Congratulations on your wedding of 1991. You share your anniversary with the following events.
Celebrity Weddings of 1991
- Alexis Knief wed Timothy Olyphant
- Dave Mustaine married Pamela Casselberry
- Bobbie Brown married Jani Lane
- Michael Strahan married Wanda Hutchins Strahan
- Cindy Crawford married Richard Gere
News Highlights of 1991
- On January 16, the outbreak of war in the Persian Gulf begins with “Operation Desert Storm.”
- In Los Angeles, Rodney King is beaten by police and captured on videotape.
- Charges against Oliver North in the Iran-contra affair, which began in 1986, are finally dropped.
- Judge Clarence Thomas is accused of sexual harassment by Anita Hill.
1991 Sports Champions:
- The Minnesota Twins win the World Series over the Atlanta Braves.
- Super Bowl XXV – New York Giants won 20-19 over the Buffalo Bills.
- The Chicago Bulls win the NBA Title over the Los Angeles Lakers.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins win the Stanley Cup over the Minnesota North Stars.
Music Highlights of 1991
- Grammy’s Song of 1991: Unforgettable – Natalie Cole with Nat King Cole
- Amy Grant – Baby Baby
- Bryan Adams – (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
- C& C Music Factory – Gonna Make You Sweat
- Hi-Five – I Like The Way (The Kissing Game)
- Color Me Badd – I Wanna Sex You Up
- Extreme – More Than Words
- Timmy T – One More Try
- Paula Abdul – Rush Rush
- Surface – The First Time
- EMF – Unbelievable
- Gloria Estefan – Coming Out Of The Dark
- Mariah Carey – Someday
- Londonbeat – I’ve Been Thinking About You
- Wilson Phillips – You’re In Love
- Roxette – Joyride
- R.E.M. – Losing My Religion
- Paula Abdul – Rush Rush
- Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch – Good Vibrations
- Color Me Badd – I Adore Mi Amore
- Mariah Carey – Emotions
- Karyn White – Romantic
- Prince And The New Power Generation – Cream
- P.M. Dawn – Set A Drift On Memory Bliss
- Michael Bolton – When A Man Loves A Woman
- Color Me Badd – All 4 Love
- Michael Jackson – Black Or White
- George Michael with Elton John – Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- Right Said Fred – I’m Too Sexy
- Mr. Big – To Be With You
Entertainment Highlights of 1991
- Best Picture: Dances with Wolves: Jim Wilson, Kevin Costner
- Best Actor: Jeremy Irons – Reversal of Fortune
- Best Actress: Kathy Bates – Misery
Top Television Shows:
- Cheers, Coach, Designing Women, Full House, Home Improvement, Major Dad, Murder, She Wrote, Murphy Brown, Roseanne, 60 Minutes
Learn more about 1991 on Wikipedia. Thank you for visiting our page – wedding songs of 1991.