Brothers are commonly left out at weddings in themed songs. We have you covered — as always with a list of songs about brothers.
Table of Contents:
- Brother Songs
- Brother Songs Spotify Playlist
- Famous Brother Musicians
- Questions about Brother Wedding Songs
What Are the Best Brother Songs?
Below you will find our favorite brother songs that can be used to celebrate a groom and his brother(s).
My Wedding Songs is a reader-supported website. As an Amazon Associate, we earn revenue from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated: March 30, 2021
I hope you enjoyed our list of brother songs. If you have a song not on our list, please comment on it below as we do read and respond to all comments.
Who are some of the most famous “Brother” groups?
Brothers make great musicians and that is apparent when you listen to Van Halen, The Everly Brothers, and The Allman Brothers Band.
- AC/DC (Malcolm and Angus Young)
- Thunderstruck, Back In Black, You Shook Me All Night Long
- Allman Brothers Band (Gregg and Duane Allman)
- Ramblin’ Man, Midnight Rider, Jessica
- Avett Brothers (Seth and Scott Avett)
- Ain’t No Man, Murder in the City, I And Love And You
- The Beach Boys (Brian and Dennis Wilson)
- Help Me, Rhonda, I Get Around, Wouldn’t It Be Nice
- Brothers Osborne (T.J. and John Osborne)
- It Ain’t My Fault, Stay A Little Longer, Shoot Me Straight
- Everly Brothers (Phil and Don Everly)
- All I Have to Do Is Dream, Bird Dog, Bye Bye Love
- Hanson (Taylor, Zac, and Isaac Hanson)
- MMMBop, I Will Come To You, This Time Around
- Isley Brothers (Ronald and Ernie Isley)
- Shout, Groove With You, Voyage to Atlantis
- Jackson 5 (Jermaine, Jackie, Tito, Marlon, Michael, and Randy)
- ABC, Dancing Machine, I Want You Back
- Jonas Brothers (Nick, Joe, and Kevin Jonas)
- Cool, Only Human, Sucker
- Kings of Leon (Caleb, Jared, and Nathan Followill
- Use Somebody, Sex on Fire, Be Somebody
- Oasis (Liam and Noel Gallagher)
- Wonderwall, Don’t Look Back In Anger, Champagne Supernova
- Rae Sremmurd (Slim Jxmmi and Swae Lee)
- Black Beatles, Throw Sum Mo, Come Get Her
- Righteous Brothers (Bill Medley & Bucky Heard not blood brothers)
- You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’, Soul and Inspiration, Unchained Melody
- Van Halen (Eddie and Alex Van Halen)
- Jump, Dance the Night Away, Love Walks In
Why Would I Want a Brother Song?
Brothers sort of get the short stick with regard to weddings, don’t they? They tend to be “honored” with guest-book duty or being an usher. It does seem odd to put a family member to work as a way of honoring them. Then again, it was a tradition for the bride’s family to offer hospitality at the wedding.
Mothers and grandmothers are seated first at the wedding. Fathers give the bride away and get to dance with the bride in the spotlight at the reception. What about brothers? Ushers? That’s it?
You can do better. You can include your brother in an honorable way at your wedding.
Similar song lists for further reading:
How Do I Honor My Brother At My Wedding?
Whether you want to involve your brother at your wedding or honor him is up to you. Honor doesn’t only apply to the deceased. You can honor the living. With the way our families are blended these days, your brother might be the person who walks you down the aisle. He may be your best man or he may be asked to be the officiant.
Our preferred way to honor someone at a wedding is, you guessed it, a special song. It can be as obvious or subtle as you like. Talk to your professional wedding planner and DJ to find what best suits you.
If your brother walks you down the aisle, maybe he can help you choose that song. Maybe your brother stands in for your father in the father-daughter dance. If you and your brother are goofballs, then you may even do a coordinated dance. Don’t forget Brother’s Day is celebrated on May 24, so if your wedding is near that date, you may want to have a plan.
What If I Don’t Have a Brother?
Honoring a brother can be more than the full-sibling role. He can be your mentor, a family friend, a teammate, or a fellow officer in the military or police.