Luther Vandross is an American (New York) singer. His style is soulful and would be considered in the R&B genre. Luther Vandross started with the music group Change before venturing out as a solo artist. Luther’s first album was released in 1981, Never Too Much and his last was released in 2003, Dance With My Father. Luther won eight Grammy Awards, and has sold more than twenty-five million albums.
Luther Vandross has been a been a choice of music for many brides and grooms through the years. Many of his songs are still being played today. His emotion and topic of love is perfect for wedding music.
Luther Vandross Wedding Songs
10. Love The One You’re With The song was first released in 1970 by Folk singer Stephan Stills. Released in 1994 on album Songs.
9. Any Love Released in 1988 on album Any Love. The song did reach #1 on the Billboard Hot R&B charts.
8. A House Is Not A Home The song was originally released in 1964 by Dionne Warwick. Released in 1981 on album Never Too Much.
7. There’s Nothing Better Than Love (Duet with Gregory Hines) Released in 1986 on album Give Me The Reason.
6. The Best Things In Life Are Free – (Duet with Janet Jackson) Released in 1992 on the soundtrack of Mo’ Money.
5. Endless Love (Duet with Mariah Carey) The song was originally released in 1981 as a duet with Lionel Richie and Diana Ross. Released in 1994 on album Songs. Endless Love is Luther Vandross’ biggest pop hit and peaked at number 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart.
4. Always And Forever The song was originally released in 1977 by the band Heatwave. Released in 1994 on album Songs.
3. Power of Love/Love Power Released in 1991 on album Power Of Love. The song did reach number four on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart.
2. Here And Now Released in 1989 on album The Best of Luther Vandross… The Best of Love. Here and now was a wedding super hit in the 1990s and was played at thousands of weddings as a first dance song for bridal couples. Here and Now peaked and number six on the Billboard Hot 100.
1. Dance With My Father Released in 2003 on album Dance with My Father. The song was written with one of his close friends, Richard Marx. The songs is a tribute to Luther’s father. Dance With My Father is a mainstay at wedding receptions to be played for the father daughter dance.
Matt loves listening to any music style he can understand the words. He lives in the wedding capital of the world, Las Vegas, with his wife Sharon. Matt's other likes include craft beer, baseball, and traveling.