John Mayer is an American (Connecticut) singer/songwriter, producer, musician, guitar playing blues/rock star. John’s first album was released in 2001 titled Room for Squares. John is still producing music today with his latest album released in 2013 titled Paradise Valley.
John received his first big hit in 2002 with the song Your Body Is A Wonderland. However, Mayer’s first number one came in 2004 with the song Daughters. Mayer is known for his guitar skills and putting his relationships into his songs. This makes for a great combination for blues, rock and pop genre music lovers.
If you are looking for John Mayer love songs for your wedding look no further than below. Some songs are not ear marked as love songs. However, the songs have so much emotion, feeling, and mass popularity, we could not leave them off of the list. Enjoy!
John Mayer Love Songs
10. Come Back To Bed Released in 2003 on album Heavier Things The song is about an argument and he wants her to come back to bed. This is a cute song for the men who sleep on the couch after a fight.
I’ll take back what I said, Just don’t leave me alone here, It’s cold baby Come back to bed
9. Split Screen Sadness Released in 2004 on album As/Is. This is a great long distance love song.
I called because I just, Need to feel you on the line
8. Say Released in 2007 on album Continuum
Even if your hands are shaking, And your faith is broken, Even as the eyes are closing, Do it with a heart wide open
7. Your Body is a Wonderland Released in 2002 on album Room for Squares The song is not higher as the song may offend some in the lyrics.
I know you’re mine, all mine, all mine, But you look so good it hurts sometimes, Your body is a wonderland
6. A Face To Call Home Released in 2012 on album Born and Raised
You know my paper heart, The one I filled with pencil marks, I think I might’ve gone and inked you in
5. Love Is A Verb Released in 2012 on album Born and Raised
When you show me love, I don’t need your words, Yeah love ain’t a thing, Love is a verb
4. The Heart of Life Released in 2006 on album Continuum
Pain throws your heart to the ground, Love turns the whole thing around, No it won’t all go the way it should, But I know the heart of life is good
3. Half Of My Heart featuring Taylor Swift Released in 2009 on album Battle Studies
lonely was the song I sang, ’til the day you came, Showing me another way and all that my love can bring
2. Who You Love featuring Katy Perry Released in 2013 on album Paradise Valley
You can’t make yourself stop dreaming, Who you’re dreaming of, If it’s who you love, Then it’s who you love
1. Waitin’ On The Day Released in 2013 on album Paradise Valley
When you’ll take my side in every little fire fight, When you’ll hang your things and stay, I’m waiting on the day
We intentionally left off the song Daughters. Daughters is a great love song from a father for his daughter. So, if you want a father-daughter song, we recommend the song Daughters. However, if you want a love song between lovers, see the top 10 John Mayer love songs above.
Matt loves listening to any music style he can understand the words. He lives in the wedding capital of the world, Las Vegas, with his wife Sharon. Matt's other likes include craft beer, baseball, and traveling.