60 Best Garter Toss Songs
Garter toss songs are songs played as the groom tosses the bride’s garter to all of the single men at the wedding reception. You can enhance the garter toss with a drum roll or a song. The song usually references men or boys. If you have a special wedding garter toss song that works or worked for you, please add your song suggestion through the comment section below.
Bouquet Toss Songs, Garter Removal Songs, Garter Toss Songs & Garter Placement Songs is the typical order at a wedding reception. It is up to the bridal couples if they would like to have some of the above events or none at all. We have seen weddings with many combinations. However, the bouquet toss and the garter toss make great photo opportunities. The bouquet songs below are focused on a women and girls theme. The garter toss songs have a men and boys theme. The garter removal and garter placement songs usually have a “sexy” theme.
Garter Toss Songs
Last Updated: May 2, 2019
|AC/DC||Back In Black||1980, Rock|
|AC/DC||You Shook Me All Night Long||1980, Rock|
|Aloe Blacc||The Man||2014, Soul||>|
|Baha Men||Who Let The Dogs Out?||2000, Soca|
|Big Pun feat. Joe||Still Not A Player||1998, Hip Hop|
|Bill Conti||Gonna Fly Now (Rocky Theme)||1977, Orchestral|
|Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams||Get Lucky||2013, Disco|
|Danny Elfman||Mission Impossible Theme||1996, Instrumental|
|David Lee Roth||Just A Gigolo||1985, Pop|
|Def Leppard||Pour Some Sugar On Me||1987, Rock|
|Destiny’s Child||Bootylicious||2001, R&B|
|Devo||Whip It||1980, New Wave|
|Don Henley||Boys Of Summer||1984, Rock|
|Duran Duran||The Wild Boys||1984, New Wave|
|Elvis Presley||A Little Less Conversation||1968, R&B|
|Europe||The Final Countdown||1986, Rock|
|Flo Rida||Right Round||2009, Hip Hop|
|George Thorogood||Bad To The Bone||1982, Rock|
|Georgia Satellites||Keep Your Hands To Yourself||1986, Rock|
|Henry Mancini||Pink Panther Theme||1963, Jazz|
|Hot Chocolate||You Sexy Thing||1975, Funk|
|Ini Kamoze||Here Comes The Hotstepper||1994, Hip Hop|
|Inner Circle||Bad Boys||1993, Reggae|
|Jake Paul||I'm Single||2019, Released as a single|
|Jason Derulo||Ridin’ Solo||2010, R&B|
|Jay-Z||Big Pimpin’||2000, Hip Hop|
|Jimi Hendrix||Foxey Lady||1967, Rock|
|Joe Cocker||You Can Leave Your Hat On||1972, Rock|
|Justin Timberlake||Sexyback||2006, Dance|
|Justin Timberlake feat. Jay-Z||Suit & Tie||2013, R&B|
|Kenny Loggins||Danger Zone||1986, Rock|
|LMFAO||Sexy And I Know It||2010, Dance|
|Marvin Gaye||Let’s Get It On||1973, Soul|
|MC Hammer||U Can’t Touch This||1990, Hip Hop|
|Metallica||Enter Sandman||1991, Rock|
|Michael Jackson||The Way You Make Me Feel||1987, R&B|
|Nelly||Hot In Herre||2002, Hip Hop|
|Offspring||Pretty Fly For A White Guy||1998, Rock|
|Panic! At The Disco||Death Of A Bachelor||2016, Rock|
|Queen||Another One Bites The Dust||1980, Rock|
|Queen||We Are The Champions||1977, Rock|
|Right Said Fred||I’m Too Sexy||1991, Dance|
|Robin Thicke feat. Pharrell Williams & T.I.||Blurred Lines||2013, R&B|
|Salt-N-Pepa with En Vogue||Whatta Man||1993, Hip Hop|
|Scorpions||Bad Boys Running Wild||1984, Rock|
|Steppenwolf||Born To Be Wild||1968, Rock|
|Survivor||Eye Of The Tiger||1982, Rock|
|The Blues Brothers||Soul Man||1978, Blues|
|Thin Lizzy||Boys Are Back In Town||1976, Rock|
|Tim McGraw||Real Good Man||2003, Country|
|Van Halen||Hot For Teacher||1984, Rock|
|Village People||Macho Man||1978, Disco|
|Warrant||Cherry Pie||1990, Rock|
|Waylon Jennings||Dukes Of Hazzard Theme (Good Ol’ Boys)||1980, Country|
|Weather Girls||It’s Raining Men||1982, Disco|
|Weeknd||Earned It||2014, R&B|
|Will Smith||Men In Black||1997, Hip Hop|
|Yello||Oh Yeah||1985, Pop|
|ZZ Top||Legs||1982, Rock|
|ZZ Top||Sharp Dressed Man||1982, Rock|
Why not play songs at weddings?
- Do not play music with explicit lyrics. We do not list any songs below in this category as this is self-explanatory. Be sure your music entertainer has radio version of all songs to be played at a wedding.
- Do not play songs that pertain to death. Do not play songs that reference suicide. Songs in this category include Don’t Close Your Eyes by Kix and Jumper by Third Eye Blind.
- Be sure the music selected fits the theme and style of the wedding and reception. Classical background music would not be appropriate for a country-themed reception. If at all possible, we recommend to have the widest range of music types as possible. This will keep the majority of the guests happy. Music entertainers must be given as much leeway on music selections for the dancing portion of the wedding reception. This is their specialty – to get guests dancing!
- Do not play the music that is suggestive or offensive. Just A Gigolo by David Lee Roth is a great song for the garter removal or garter placement. However, is this song really appropriate for a wedding? Other song considerations with inappropriate meaning include Love Stinks by J Geils Band, Mother-In-Law by Ernie K-Doe and Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood.
- Songs that refer to the stressful wedding planning process. A Song example is I’m In A Hurry (And Don’t Know Why) by Alabama.
- Please add stalking songs to your do not playlist. Song examples include the Police’s Every Breath You Take and Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell.
- Songs played that have extended playing time. The average song length is about 3 1/2 minutes. Extended length songs include American Pie by Don McLean and Paradise By The Dashboard Light by Meat Loaf.
You must decide if both of you would like group dances to be played at your reception. Some people do not like such dances as they consider them goofy and/or well overplayed at wedding receptions. Popular group dance songs that are played at many wedding receptions include the Macarena by Los Del Rio, Chicken Dance, and the Hokey Pokey. If you feel the same, add the songs to your songs not to play at the wedding.
Many people feel the money/dollar dance is inappropriate at a wedding reception. The reasoning is because guests are expected to bring a present and to ask for more money in the dollar dance is greedy. If you feel the same, add the songs to your songs not to play at the wedding. However, others feel it is a great way to have multiple ones on one conversation with many guests.
Garter Toss song list curated by Matthew Campbell