Updated November 16, 2023 | Written by Matthew Campbell
Honoring couples celebrating anniversaries is an act of hospitality at the wedding reception. Which anniversary songs are best for the wedding reception and won’t distract you too much but still show appreciation?
When picking out the song to dance your anniversary dance, you must consider the following 3 factors:
- Does the song have a special meaning to both of you?
- What is the tempo of the song (fast or slow) to determine the style of dance that fits best?
- Does the song’s genre and meaning match your music tastes and relationship?
As an experienced wedding DJ, I’ve assembled a list of songs for the anniversary dance. Songs are selected by the meaning of the song and popular hits by today’s couples. Besides new and trending, additional lists are grouped by genre to match your taste in music.
New Wedding Anniversary Songs
- “Best Friends” by Eric Paslay (Country – 2023)
- “Remember The Time” by The Teskey Brothers (Blues – 2023)
- “Porch Swing” by Taylor Hicks (Americana – 2023)
- “Never Not Loving You” by Johnny and Heidi (Country – 2022)
- “Love You Still (abcdefu romantic version)” by Tyler Shaw (Pop – 2022)
- “Kept Every Vow” by Spencer Crandall (Country – 2022)
- “That’s How Love Is Made” by The War and Treaty (Country- 2022)
- “Anniversary” by Duran Duran (Rock – 2021)
- “Love You Like I Used To” by Russell Dickerson (Country – 2020)
- “Through The Years” by Rascal Flatts (Country – 2020)
Trending Anniversary Songs
- “Happy Anniversary” by Kelly Morrison – How can a song so new end up at the top of the list? This is a song sung by Kelly who has one of those raspy, memorable voices. This song is one of the feel-good songs that just makes everyone want to dance!
- “Anniversary Waltz” by Eddy Howard – For generations that have been around for many years, they will appreciate this classic song from 1950. Be sure you know how to waltz before playing this one though.
- “You’re Still The One” by Shania Twain – Another song stating how much you still mean to each other after all these years together.
- “100 Years” by Five For Fighting – A song about growing up until you are 100 years old and in the end “And I’m just dreaming counting the ways to where you are.”
- “When I’m Sixty-Four” by The Beatles – A love story about a man growing old with his lover.
- “Anniversary” by Tony Toni Tone – This R&B song will be a mainstay on many couples’ lists celebrating an anniversary.
- “You Decorated My Life” by Kenny Rogers – This song is a great love song story.
- “Just The Two Of Us” by Grover Washington Jr. with Bill Withers – A great jazz tune with Bill Withers singing “We can make it if we try.”
- “Still The One” by Orleans – A classic rock love song proving how much you still mean to one another after all these years together.
- “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)” by Natalie Cole – A great R&B love song celebrating eternal love for one another.
Stream Anniversary Songs
My Wedding Songs is a reader-supported website. As an Amazon Associate, we earn revenue from qualifying purchases. Purchases made through links on this page may earn us a commission but also support the artists.
Listen to your favorite songs on streaming services!
Happy R&B Tracks
- Our Song – Tank
- Beautiful (You Are So Beautiful to Me) – Old Skool Gang
- You & I – Avant feat. KeKe Wyatt
- Stay With You – John Legend
- Still In Love – Lionel Richie
- Anniversary – Tony! Toni! Toné!
- Saving Forever For You – Shanice
- Forever My Lady – Jodeci
- Tonight, I Celebrate My Love – Peabo Bryson And Roberta Flack
- Endless Love – Lionel Richie & Diana Ross
- Just The Two Of Us – Grover Washington Jr. with Bill Withers
- Celebration – Kool and The Gang
- Happy Anniversary – Ray, Goodman & Brown
- This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) – Natalie Cole
- You’re The First, The Last, My Everything – Barry White
- You Are The Sunshine Of My Life – Stevie Wonder
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
- Stand By Me – Ben E King
Country Tunes To Dance To
- Never Not Loving You – Johnny and Heidi
- Kept Every Vow – Spencer Crandall
- That’s How Love Is Made – The War and Treaty
- Through The Years – Rascal Flatts
- Love You Like I Used To – Russell Dickerson
- Our Song – Willie Nelson
- World For Two – King Calaway
- Can’t Remember Never Loving You – Ian Janes
- The Rest of Our Life – Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
- From The Ground Up – Dan + Shay
- Die A Happy Man – Thomas Rhett
- Love Like Crazy – Lee Bride
- Forever And For Always – Shania Twain
- Two People Fell In Love – Brad Paisley
- When I Said I Do – Clint Black and Lisa Hartman Black
- My Kind Of Woman / My Kind Of Man – Patty Loveless and Vince Gill
- You’re Still The One – Shania Twain
- You Just Get Better All The Time – Tim McGraw
- Grow Old With Me – Mary Chapin Carpenter
- Anniversary Song – Cowboy Junkies
- I’d Love You All Over Again – Alan Jackson
- Forever And Ever, Amen – Randy Travis
- Could I Have This Dance – Anne Murray
- You Decorated My Life – Kenny Rogers
- Honeymoon Feelin’ – Roy Clark
- A Thing Called Love – Johnny Cash
Rock Hits for You and Your Partner
- Anniversary – Duran Duran
- Happy Anniversary – Kelly Morrison
- After All These Years – Journey
- 100 Years – Five For Fighting
- Yellow – Coldplay
- I Could Not Ask For More – Edwin McCain
- Always – Bon Jovi
- Have I Told You Lately – Rod Stewart
- More Than Words – Extreme
- Have I Told You Lately – Van Morrison
- Forever Young – Rod Stewart
- Sea Of Love – The Honeydrippers
- Biggest Part Of Me – Ambrosia
- I Love You – Climax Blues Band
- All My Life – America
- You Take My Breath Away – Rex Smith
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
- Just The Way You Are – Billy Joel
- You Make Loving Fun – Fleetwood Mac
- Still The One – Orleans
- You’re My Best Friend – Queen
- We’ve Only Just Begun – Carpenters
- When I’m Sixty-Four – The Beatles
- Here, There and Everywhere – The Beatles
- In My Life – The Beatles
Unique Folk Favorites
- As Time Goes By – Anna Nalick
- Just to Say I Love You – Michael Franti & Spearhead
- Swept Away – Avett Brothers
Popular Pop Tunes
- Love You Still (abcdefu romantic version) – Tyler Shaw
- You’re Still The One – Teddy Swims
- Always Remember Us This Way – Lady Gaga
- 99 Years – Josh Groban (Duet with Jennifer Nettles)
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran with Beyonce
- You Are The Reason – Calum Scott duet with Leona Lewis
- I Was Made for Loving You – Tori Kelly feat. Ed Sheeran
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars
- I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
- The Best is Yet to Come – Michael Buble
- A Moment Like This – Kelly Clarkson
- On This Day – David Pomeranz
- Anniversary Song – Eva Cassidy
- Truly Madly Deeply – Savage Garden
- As Long As You Love Me – Backstreet Boys
- Because You Loved Me – Celine Dion
- (I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life – Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
- How Deep Is Your Love – Bee Gees
- Love Will Keep Us Together – Captain & Tennille
- Times Of Your Life – Paul Anka
- Your Song – Elton John
- Please Love Me Forever – Bobby Vinton
- I Got You Babe – Sonny & Cher
- Unchained Melody – The Righteous Brothers
Classy Jazz Songs
- It Had To Be You – Harry Connick Jr.
- My Way – Frank Sinatra
- L-O-V-E – Nat King Cole
- The Best Is Yet To Come – Frank Sinatra
Watch a quick video of my top picks for anniversaries.
DJ, Author, Music Lover
Matthew (Matt) Campbell is the founder/editor of My Wedding Songs from his experience as a wedding DJ. He is the author of two wedding planners: ‘Wedding Songs Planner’ and ‘The Wedding Music Toolkit’. Matt is the host of the ‘Wedding Songs Podcast’. He shares music inspiration in his weekly newsletter the ‘Wedding MusicLetter’. His articles have been published on Rolling Stone, DJ Life Magazine, and DJ Times. Matt resides in the wedding capital of the world – Las Vegas.