The very best 2011 wedding songs can be found in this list of hits from Bruno Mars, Lady A, Pitbull, and many more influential music stars. Many of the songs on this list are great dance tunes, but you’ll also find music that can be used to make your formal wedding ceremony something to remember.
Best 2011 Wedding Songs
My Wedding Songs is a reader-supported website. As an Amazon Associate, we earn revenue from qualifying purchases.
This song by LMFAO is one that young newlyweds have used to get their wedding reception off to a lively start, often playing it for their entrance. It has a strong beat that will set the right mood for your party, and the overall vibe is one of celebration.
Pitbull released this song in 2011 and it has become a standard on wedding DJ playlists. It is most often used as a dance tune, but it also has a strong lyric that reinforces the theme of commitment that is common to weddings.
This was one of the big hits that helped to define the musical legacy of Adam Levine and Maroon 5, and it has endured in popularity since its release. Featuring Christina Aguilera, the song has become the perfect dance tune for wedding receptions and other celebrations.
You can give your wedding reception guests a reason to get out on the dance floor when you include this hot mix by Jennifer Lopez that features Pitbull, a Miami party legend. The song is all about dancing and enjoying life, so let your hair down and enjoy your happy day.
This song by Bruno Mars is sometimes used in weddings to accompany the bridal party to the altar just before the bride enters the chapel. It can serve as a nice blend of music new and old if you want to include both traditional and modern elements in your wedding festivities.
Few musical artists of the current generation can deliver a dance song like P!nk, and this hit is often selected as the first tune for the wedding reception. Imagine all the toasts and cheers as you and your new partner enter the reception with this song playing in the background.
Those who want a little more pop influence in their wedding music selections can always depend on OneRepublic, and this is a song you will often hear as the wedding couple leaves the altar as a recessional song. It has an appropriate message for couples, one that says they are creating a good life together.
This song from Rihanna features Calvin Harris, and it is all that you would expect from the modern songstress. Every wedding reception should include a few songs that are pure celebrations of love and happiness, and this one serves a dual purpose by also being a great dance tune.
Lady A reminds us that so many lifelong relationships begin with a kiss, and they are sealed with one on the day of your wedding. This popular country group has a talent for rich harmony and emotional ballads, so it would be appropriate to use this song in the formal parts of your wedding.
Let the music of Taio Cruz create a mood for celebration at your wedding reception, and open up the dance floor to all of your guests who want to share your happiness. This is a song that brings people together, and that is just the type of music you should feature when it’s time to party after the wedding vows.
You can encourage everyone to join the party and dance when you spin this song by Chris Brown at your own wedding reception. Don’t neglect the party vibe of the reception, and always be willing to add bold music choices that reflect your own modern tastes.
Blake Shelton scored two entries on this list of 2011 wedding songs, and this is the more lighthearted selection. You might want to think about making it the soundtrack for the first dance with your partner, but make sure that you use it in any part of the wedding day that calls for something less formal.
You can observe the personality of any girl from the country and find many of the traits referenced in this song by the Eli Young Band, a hit that honors the unique nature of a young woman. The song should be played as a special dedication to the bride on her wedding day.
Luke Bryan has had a number of huge hits as a country artist, and some of them have a fun-loving side that is very reflective of modern romantic attitudes. The song is made for dancing, of course, but you might also want to think about playing it as the wedding cake is cut.
Country music can often be more reflective of spiritual values that other genres and Blake Shelton demonstrates an appreciation of those guiding principles with this song. It should be used by couples who want to preserve the religious significance of a wedding while also adding a modern musical touch.
Beyoncé is a musical artist that has become nothing less than royalty, and you will want to include hits like this one from her large catalog at your wedding celebration. Most songs from Bey are intense in both music and lyrics, and this song is no exception.
There are some modern songs and love ballads that can be used to replace the standard bridal march, and this smash from Christina Perri is one of the rare tunes you can use for your wedding processional. It’s soft and poignant, and it has a powerful message of devotion that lasts forever.
If you like this list, be sure to check out our list of the best wedding songs of the 2010s.
Listen to our best 2011 wedding songs playlist on Spotify.
Celebrating weddings of 2011. Where were you and what was happening?
If you were one of the weddings of 2011…
Congratulations on your wedding of 2011. You share your anniversary with the following events.
Celebrity Weddings of 2011
- Prince William wed Kate Middleton
- Nikki Reed married Paul McDonald
- Nick Lachey married Vanessa Minnillo
- Nancy Shevell wed Paul McCartney
- Kim Kardashian married Kris Humphries
News Highlights of 2011
- Michael Jackson’s physician Dr. Conrad Murray was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and sentenced to four years in jail.
- 8.9 earthquake shook Japan in March and created a massive tsunami.
- Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver divorced after 25 years.
- Casey Anthony trial and found not guilty.
- Prince William and Kate Middleton married inside London’s Westminster Abbey on April 29, 2011.
- The wedding saga and eventual divorce of Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries.
- The end to one of the highest-grossing movie series in history: Harry Potter
- The rescue of Jaycee Dugard after 18 years.
- TV star Charlie Sheen’s lapse of judgment and eventual release from “Two and a Half Men”
- Rep. Anthony Weiner stepped down after being released that he was sexting.
- Osama Bin Laden’s Death
- Shooting rampage in Tucson, Arizona at a Safeway including U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords
- Libya celebrates at Saha Kish Square and the Death of Moammar Gadhafi.
- Death of British Pop Star Amy Winehouse
- The Occupy Wall Street movement
2011 Sports Champions:
- The Saint Louis Cardinals beat the Texas Rangers in seven games to win the World Series.
- In a close 21-17 win for the New York Giants over the New England Patriots they became the Super Bowl Champions.
- In a five-game series, the Miami Heat defeated the Oklahoma City Thunder to win the NBA Title.
- The Los Angeles Kings beat the New Jersey Devils to win the Stanley Cup.
Music Highlights of 2011
- Grammy’s Song of 2010: Need You Now – Lady A
- Beg, Steal or Borrow – Ray LaMontagne
- Fuck You – Cee-Lo Green
- The House That Built Me – Miranda Lambert
- Love the Way You Lie – Eminem and Rihanna
- Rolling in the Deep – Adele
- Party Rock Anthem – LMFAO
- Firework – Katy Perry
- Give e Everything – Pitbull
- Grenade – Bruno Mars
- Super Bass – Nicki Minaj
- Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera
- On The Floor – Jennifer Lopez
- Pumped Up Kicks – Foster The People
- Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars
- Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) – Katy Perry
- Good Life – OneRepublic
- Stereo Hearts – Gym Class Heroes
- If I Die Young – The Band Perry
Entertainment Highlights of 2011
- Best Picture: The King’s Speech
- Best Actor: Colin Firth – The King’s Speech
- Best Actress: Natalie Portman – Black Swan
Top Television Shows:
- Modern Family, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, Friday Night Lights, The Walking Dead, Parks, and Recreation Breaking Bad, How I Met Your Mother, American Idol, Dancing With The Stars, NCIS, The Big Bang Theory, Two Broke Girls, Grey’s Anatomy, The Voice.
Learn more about 2011 on Wikipedia. Thank you for visiting our page – weddings of 2011.