2013 wedding songs include dance music from Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake, Alicia Keys, and other popular music stars of the modern era. You can use the songs on this list to create a wedding day that your spouse and guests will never forget.
2013 Wedding Songs
My Wedding Songs is a reader-supported website. As an Amazon Associate, we earn revenue from qualifying purchases.
Robin Thicke stirred up a little bit of controversy with this song featuring T.I. and Pharrell Williams when Thicke performed a racy live version with Miley Cyrus. You don’t have to make it as hot as they did for your wedding, but the song should definitely be included on the dance music playlist.
This song from Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Ray Dalton sums up the optimism and confidence that all newlyweds should have as they tie the knot. It can be used for getting the party started, or it can also be played while introducing the wedding party at the reception.
John Legend wrote and recorded what might be the best wedding song of the decade, a soft piano ballad that is appreciated for its beautiful lyrics. Written for Legend’s own wife, the song has been used in many weddings as a first dance for the newlyweds.
Florida Georgia Line and Nelly combined their talents on this song that blends hip hop and country beats to perfection. Songs like this one are good for weddings because they are able to unite guests young and old in the happiness of the wedding reception.
The catchy hook from this wedding song by The Lumineers is what made the tune a hit, and your guests will be singing along when the song is played at your wedding celebration. Some couples like to make it the first song was chosen for the reception while others prefer to save it for the send-off at the end of the evening.
Every wedding reception needs some music that is a little on the suggestive side, and this song from Daft Punk featuring Pharrell Williams is fun and a tad naughty. Wedding guests will enjoy seeing the bride and groom light up the dance floor with their best dance moves as this song is played for the garter toss.
When you combine the talents of Justin Timberlake and Jay Z you are certain to get a big hit like this one, an energetic dance number that reflects the desire of everyone to look and feel good on your wedding day. Has the song played soon after the celebratory toasts are made by the wedding party? Suit & Tie is also a classic song to play as the groomsmen are introduced.
Bruno Mars reminds all of us that finding true love is better than discovering a hidden treasure, and you can draw on that theme to add meaning to your wedding music selections. Some couples like to make this a song that they alone can share on the dance floor.
Miami’s Pitbull has become a hip hop powerhouse that has helped to define an entire decade of music. On this hit featuring Christina Aguilera, the star is in his best form, delivering a tune that encourages couples to savor all the emotions of a wedding day.
Another song from Macklemore & Ryan Lewis can be found on our list of best 2013 wedding songs, and this one features Mary Lambert. The combination of emotional lyrics and a modern beat is likely to keep this song popular at wedding receptions for many years. The song makes for a special song to play at same-sex weddings.
This song became a career-defining hit for Alicia Keys, a moving celebration of womanhood that features the help of Nicki Minaj. Many brides choose to play this song for a bouquet toss song, but it can also be used to introduce the bride to her wedding reception guests.
The Old Crow Medicine Show recorded the original of this country hit but it was Darius Rucker that made it a smash in 2013. Couples should add the song from the Hootie & The Blowfish frontman to their wedding reception playlist if they prefer country dance songs.
Beyonce scores two hits on this list of 2013 wedding songs, and on this one Bey shares the spotlight with husband Jay Z to deliver a pleasing dance groove with catchy lyrics. Use this song in the middle of the reception to bring the mood back up again after everyone has had time to mellow out.
The 2010s had many great wedding songs. Check out our list of the top 100 2010s wedding songs.
Celebrating weddings of 2013. Where were you and what was happening?
If you were one of the weddings of 2013…
Congratulations on your wedding of 2013. You share your anniversary with the following events.
Celebrity Weddings of 2013
- Kelly Clarkson married Brandon Blackstock
- Zoe Saldana married Marco Perego
- Kate Bosworth wed Michael Polish
- Halle Berry married Olivier Martinez
- Aaron Paul wed Lauren Parsekian
News Highlights of 2013
- The death of Nelson Mandela
- The papal transition from Pope Benedict to Pope Francis.
- Missile threats from North Korea leader Kim Jong Un.
- Unrest in Syria turns into a civil war.
- The murder trial of George Zimmerman, charged with second-degree murder in the death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
- The world following the birth of Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge.
- Two brothers set bombs at the Boston Marathon.
- The beginning of Obama Care (Affordable Care Act)
- The trial of Jodi Arias killed her boyfriend in a jealous rage or an abused woman.
2013 Sports Champions:
- The Boston Red Sox won their third World Series from 2004 over the St. Louis Cardinals in 6 games.
- The Baltimore Ravens surprised the San Francisco 49ers to capture a Super Bowl win.
- The Russell Wilson lead Seatle Seahawks defeated the Payton Manning lead Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl.
- The NBA Champion Miami Heat defeated the San Antonio Spurs.
- The Stanley Cup winners Chicago Blackhawks defeated the Eastern Conference playoff champion Boston Bruins.
Music Highlights of 2013
- Grammy’s Song of 2013: We Are Young – fun. featuring Janelle Monáe
- Thrift Shop – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Featuring Wanz
- Hey Ho – The Lumineers
- Blurred Lines – Robin Thicke Featuring T.I. + Pharrell
- Radioactive – Imagine Dragons
- Harlem Shake – Baauer
- Can’t Hold Us – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Featuring Ray
- Mirrors – Justin Timberlake
- Just Give Me A Reason – P!nk Featuring Nate Ruess
- When I Was Your Man – Bruno Mars
- Cruise – Florida Georgia Line Featuring Nelly
- Roar – Katy Perry
Entertainment Highlights of 2013
- Best Picture: 12 Years a Slave
- Best Actor: Matthew McConaughey – Dallas Buyers Club
- Best Actress: Cate Blanchett – Blue Jasmine
Top Television Shows:
- Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men, House of Cards, The Walking Dead, The Mentalist, NCIS, Person of Interest, NCIS: Los Angeles, Criminal Minds, The Big Bang Theory, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, The Voice.
Learn more about 2013 on Wikipedia. Thank you for visiting our page – weddings of 2013.