In an effort to showcase wedding DJs around the world, My Wedding Songs is publishing wedding playlists from the best wedding DJs. The below cocktail hour playlist is from DJ Jess from Pittsburgh!
DJ Jess says…
“I think cocktail hour sometimes gets overlooked as a time to play jazz, Sinatra, and basic outdated ideas of what cocktail hour music is. When really, it’s the perfect time to get to know your crowd; it’s the ultimate time to build a relationship and gain their trust.
Cocktail hour is the first time you are truly playing and performing for the guests, and you want to set your stage appropriately. Take some risks, and see how they respond. Keep it fun and upbeat, the night is just beginning. Watch them, make eye contact, and pick up on their energy.
I choose to watch small groups at times and really focus on how they are responding. If I look at everyone at once, I get lost in the mix of genres and energy.
Get excited for the next time you get to play a cocktail hour because it’s such a pivotal point of the wedding.
And couples- be as excited for your DJ to perform. You can let him or her know what vibe you want, and then they can take that and set the mood.”
Pittsburgh Cocktail Hour Playlist
Just for wedding DJs – You could take the playlist and run it! For couples that reproduce the playlist, the transitions and vibes will be smooth!
- Dean Martin & RJD2 – Ain’t That a Kick In The Head (RJD2 Remix)
- Beyoncé – Love on Top
- Ray LaMontagne – Forever My Friend
- Erykah Badu Feat. Common – Love Of My Life (Funkymix)
- Justin Timberlake f. Chris Stapleton – Say Something
- Mary J. Blige – Real Love
- Ray Charles – Hallelujah I Love Her So
- Soul for Real – Candy Rain
- Musiq Soulchild – Just Friends (Angle Intro)
- Stevie Wonder – Sir Duke
- Joss Stone – Some Kind Of Wonderful
- Bobby McFerrin – Don’t Worry Be Happy
- Jolyon Petch & Komes – Ain’t Too Proud To Beg (Benny Jay Remix)
- Dua Lipa – New Rules – 8A – 116
- Creedence Clearwater Revival – Proud Mary (Super Short Edit)
- Frank Sinatra – This Town (Mint Royale RMX)
- Otis Redding – Hard To Handle
- Swing Republic feat. Karina Kappel – Crazy in Love (Electro Swing Version)
- Maroon 5 – Sunday Morning
- Jackson Browne – Doctor My Eyes (Jackie Browne)
(Note: Songs played by DJ Jess are promotional songs specifically for professional DJs. Songs below are commercially sold.)
Connect with DJ Jess:
Read other wedding DJ playlists on My Wedding Songs.