To be a Christian means that you believe in Jesus Christ and that He died for our sins. However, many Christian songs celebrate love between two people and make great Christian first dance songs at weddings. If you are having a church wedding, be sure to read our list of Christian wedding church songs.
10. Love Will Take You Places – Danny Gokey Released in 2014 on album Hope in Front of Me Notable Lyrics: “Won’t you let it take you places, Through the fire, through the night, Oh, let love take you places”
9. Love Will Be Enough For Us – Brandon Heath Released in 2012 on album Brandon Heath Notable Lyrics: “We could be livin’ out where the river bends, Where the grass gets green and the highway ends Livin’ easy, livin’ easy, Where it’s you and me baby and the daffodils, Kids growing up in the rolling hills, And love will be enough for us”
8. Unfailing Love – Jimmy Needham Released in 2008 on album Not Without Love Notable Lyrics: “My unfailing love for you will not be moved, For you will not be moved, My unfailing love for you, And though the mountains be shaken, And the hills be removed, Yet my unfailing love for you”
7. 1000 Miles – Mark Schultz Released in 2006 on album Mark Schultz Notable Lyrics: “‘Cause you’ve got my heart and you’ve got my soul, You’ve got this promise too, I would walk 1,000 miles, Just to be with You”
6. Angel – Casting Crowns Released in 2011 on album Come to the Well Notable Lyrics: “With the sacred promise, And a ring that says it all, I’ve just begun to fall, From the deepest part of me I say I do”
5. Love Never Fails – Brandon Heath Released in 2009 on album What If We Notable Lyrics: “When my heart won’t make a sound, When I can’t turn back around, When the sky is falling down, Nothing is greater than this, Greater than this”
4. Hundred More Years – Francesca Battistelli Released in 2011 on album Hundred More Years Notable Lyrics: “She’s spinnin’ like a little princess, Makin’ sure he’s gonna notice, He could watch her twirl for a hundred years”
3. When I Say I Do – Matthew West Released in 2010 on album Hold You Up Notable Lyrics: “And I pray everyday will be the proof, That I mean what I say when I say I Do, Yea, I mean what I say when I say”
2. When God Made You – Newsong featuring Natalie Grant Released in 2003 on album More Life Notable Lyrics: “You’re for me and I’m for you, ‘Cause my world just Can’t be right, Without you in my life”
1. I Will Be Here – Steven Chapman Curtis Released in 1989 on album More To This Life Notable Lyrics: “As sure as seasons are made for change, Our lifetimes are made for years, So I will be here”
Other great Christian songs not by Christian artists?
God Gave Me You – Blake Shelton
Bless the Broken Road – Rascal Flatts
Have any more? Be sure to comment the songs below so we can add them to the list!
Matt loves listening to any music style he can understand the words. He lives in the wedding capital of the world, Las Vegas, with his wife Sharon. Matt's other likes include craft beer, baseball, and traveling.