The Top New Love Songs + Romantic Songs
My Wedding Songs curates the best modern love songs to add to your wedding playlist. Nothing but romance for him and her whether you are him/her, her/her or him/him couple, we have a little bit for everyone.
Table of Contents:
- Best New Love Songs
- Best New Love Songs Spotify Playlist
- Best New Love Songs YouTube Playlist
- Classic Love Songs
- Questions about Love Songs
The love songs list is updated regularly, so check back often. We focus on new love songs being released so that you do not have to worry about selecting a song that is at every other wedding.
Last Updated: August 30, 2021
My Wedding Songs is a reader-supported website. As an Amazon Associate, we earn revenue from qualifying purchases.
Wedding Love Songs Playlist – Spotify
Don’t forget to follow to get updates!
Wedding Love Songs Playlist – YouTube
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to get updates!
The Top Classic Love Songs
Classic love songs make for perfect wedding songs because they are songs that everyone will recognize and know the lyrics to sing along.
All songs listed below were released before 1990 to make them “classic”.
Classic Jazz Love Songs
- “That’s Amore” by Dean Martin (1953)
- “At Last” by Etta James (1960)
- “Fly Me To The Moon” by Frank Sinatra, Count Basie (1964)
- “What A Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong (1967)
Classic R&B Love Songs
- “Stand By Me” by Ben E. King (1961)
- “My Girl” by The Temptations (1964
- “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell (1967)
- “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours” by Stevie Wonder (1970)
- “Let’s Stay Together” by Al Green (1972)
- “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face” by Roberta Flack (1972)
- “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)” by Natalie Cole (1975)
- “Always and Forever” by Heatwave (1976)
- “Endless Love” by Lionel Richie, Diana Ross (1981)
- “Always” by Atlantic Starr (1987)
Classic Rock Love Songs
- “Can’t Help Falling In Love” by Elvis Presley (1961)
- “Something” by The Beatles (1969)
- “(They Long to Be) Close to You” by The Carpenters (1970)
- “She’s Got A Way” by Billy Joel (1971)
- “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)” by James Taylor (1975)
- “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton (1977)
- “Songbird” by Fleetwood Mac (1977)
- “Faithfully” by Journey (1983)
- “Can’t Fight This Feeling” by REO Speedwagon (1984)
- “I Want To Know What Love Is” by Foreigner (1984)
Classic Country Love Songs
- “Ring Of Fire” by Johnny Cash (1963)
- “I Will Always Love You” by Dolly Parton (1974)
- “He Stopped Loving Her Today” by George Jones (1980)
- “Feels So Right” by Alabama (1981)
- “Through the Years” by Kenny Rogers (1981)
- “You and I” by Crystal Gayle and Eddie Rabbitt (1982)
- “Mama He’s Crazy” by The Judds (1984)
- “Forever and Ever, Amen” by Randy Travis (1987)
- “I’ll Still Be Loving You” by Restless Heart (1987)
- “When You Say Nothing At All” by Keith Whitley (1988)
Classic Pop Love Songs
- “Unchained Melody” by The Righteous Brothers (1965)
- “God Only Knows” by The Beach Boys (1966)
- “Your Song” by Elton John (1970)
- “How Deep Is Your Love” by Bee Gees (1977)
- “Lost In Love” by Air Supply (1979)
- “Crazy for You” by Madonna (1985)
- “Take My Breath Away” by Berlin (1986)
- “In Your Eyes” by Peter Gabriel (1986)
- “Just Like Heaven” by The Cure (1987)
Do you have a classic or modern love song? Please share your song below and mention why it is special to you!
Selecting Wedding Love Songs
When selecting your wedding love songs, look at songs that mean the most between you first. These songs create the most special moments during a wedding day. From there, look at the lyrics of the song and determine if the song represents your love for each other. Lastly, look at the tempo. If you want a slow song to dance to, pick a song with a slow tempo. Otherwise, look at a faster tempo song. However, the faster the song, the more practice the dance will take.
Similar song lists for further reading:
Start Creating Your Love Songs Playlist
With our list of the best modern love songs, you can get started creating your own love songs playlist. Just for your convenience, we have added our playlist to Spotify and Youtube. You can easily add any of the above songs to your own playlist.