2001 wedding songs include meaningful ballads, hymns, and modern spiritual reflections of love that is pure. Artists such as Steven Curtis Chapman, Jim Brickman, and Enrique Iglesias brought perfection to a year that was filled with songs to use on your special day.
2001 Wedding Songs
My Wedding Songs is a reader-supported website. As an Amazon Associate, we earn revenue from qualifying purchases.
Queen of My Heart – Westlife
November 2001, World of Our Own
Fewer boy bands were more popular than Westlife in the early 2000s, and this song from 2001 expresses simple devotion from a man to his beautiful new bride. Special song dedications to the bride are often overlooked, so have this one put on the reception playlist just for her.
Hero – Enrique Iglesias
Enrique Iglesias scored his biggest hit of the decade with this powerful love ballad from 2001, a song that grooms will want to share with their new spouse on your wedding day. It is a song that affirms a man’s desire to be everything to his bride, and that he will go to any length to make her happy for years to come.
Simple Things – Jim Brickman
Pianist Jim Brickman found appeal in the 2000s with both mainstream and Christian audiences thanks to songs like this one, a collaboration with Rebecca Lynn Howard. Brickman’s songs make great choices for those couples who want an alternative to the traditional bridal march.
Perfect World – Peter Cetera
Peter Cetera sings about creating a perfect existence with a special partner in this hit from 2001. Every married couple enters the wedding day clinging to the promise of a perfect world, and this song reinforces the commitment of newlyweds to make each day better than the last.
Two People Fell in Love – Brad Paisley
Brad Paisley has established himself as one of the most talented songwriters of this generation, and this song from the early days of his career has the emotional lyrics that Paisley is known for. It is very useful for couples who want depth and meaning in every song chosen for their wedding day.
Blessed – Martina McBride
There is a subtle spiritual element to this 2001 hit from country artist Martina McBride, a song that celebrates the blessing of love everlasting. It should be given a place of honor in your wedding, perhaps as an interlude that precedes the lighting of your unity candles.
The Luckiest – Ben Folds
This was one of the few hits for Ben Folds, and it often finds its way into the wedding ceremonies of kids who grew up during the early 2000s. “The Luckiest” is a song that conveys a sense of gratitude that you and your partner have found the greatest love of all.
Standing Still – Jewel
Jewel’s “Standing Still” is the kind of emotional ballad that taps into all the sentiment that is present on your wedding day. It has a nice melody that makes it suitable for a first dance, but the lyrics also inspire couples to use it in their wedding processionals and recessionals.
There Must Be an Angel (Playing With My Heart) – No Angels
No Angels covered this tune originally done by Annie Lennox, and their version finds its way into modern wedding receptions as a dance tune. On your wedding day it is easy to imagine that divine forces had a hand in bringing you and your partner together, so use this song to let your guests know that a higher power was looking out for you.
Isn’t It Love? – Andrew Peterson
This song by Christian artist Andrew Peterson hits all the right notes for newlyweds who want to honor their faith with wedding song choices. It presents romantic love as a gift from God, and it is a wholesome song to dance to if you want something that remains true to your spiritual values.
Make It Last Forever – Avalon
Christian group Avalon released this song of love and faith in 2001, and it has become a wedding staple for spiritual couples today. The song is tender enough that you can play it as your guests are being seated, but it can also be included in the selection of reception music.
I’m Already There – Lonestar
Lonestar sang about the longing that all couples experience during those wonderful days that precede a wedding, and the song also hints at promises of forever. It is most often used in weddings today as a first dance or as the final dance before the send-off.
Wrapped Up In You – Garth Brooks
The legendary Garth Brooks was still churning out the hits in 2001, and this song draws on all the factors that made Brooks such a huge success. It is a simple but profound declaration of love from one partner to another, and it is often played at weddings as the bridal party begins to take up their positions at the altar.
Cinderella – Lionel Richie
Lionel Richie included this new song on an album of his classic hits in 2001, and it is perhaps one of the most underrated wedding songs of the decade. The lyrics hint at the fairytale love affair that all brides long for, and the melody has a smooth vibe that works for processionals, reception dances, and much more.
One Last Breath – Creed
Creed was riding high throughout most of 2001 thanks to this hit, a ballad that reflects how far one is willing to go to please the person they have chosen to be their spouse. It can be used to create an emotional first dance between newlyweds, but it might also be played at the close of the festivities.
Psalm 112 – 4Him
This song by 4Him is taken directly from the text of the Bible, and it affirms the new couple’s dedication to their Christian faith. Hymns done in a modern style are very appropriate for the formal wedding ceremony, and this one should be used before the vows are recited.
This Day – Steven Curtis Chapman
Steven Curtis Chapman scored another gospel hit with this uplifting tune that offers praise for the blessings in life. It is a wedding song for those couples who want everyone in attendance to know that God has blessed the marriage of two people who were meant to find each other.
Listen to our best 2001 wedding songs playlist on Spotify.
2001 was a great year for wedding songs. We listed a few of our favorites. If you have a 2001 wedding song not on our list, be sure to comment on it below. Also, check out our list of wedding songs by year and the best 2000s wedding songs.
Celebrating wedding songs of 2001. Where were you and what was happening?
If you were one of the weddings in 2001…
Congratulations on your wedding of 2001. You share your anniversary with the following events.
Celebrity Weddings of 2001
- Anthony Robbins wed Sage Bonnie Humphrey
- Prince married Manuela Testolini
- Amelia Warner wed Colin Farrell
- Keely Shaye Smith married Pierce Brosnan
- Toni Braxton married Keri Lewis
News Highlights of 2001
- Wikipedia, a Wiki free-content encyclopedia, goes online.
- Disney’s California Adventure opens to the public.
- NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt is killed at the Daytona 500.
- The world’s first self-contained artificial heart is implanted in Robert Tools.
- September 11, 2001 attacks at the World Trade Center in New York City, The Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia, and in rural Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
- The anthrax attacks commence as anthrax letters are mailed.
- Barry Bonds of the San Francisco Giants breaks the single-season home run record with his 73rd home run.
- Apple Computer releases the iPod.
- Microsoft releases the Xbox. Nintendo releases the Gamecube.
- Enron files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
2001 Sports Champions:
- The Arizona Diamondbacks win the World Series defeating the New York Yankees.
- Super Bowl XXXV – Baltimore Ravens won 34-7 over the New York Giants.
- The Los Angels Lakers win the NBA Title defeated the Philadelphia 76ers.
- The Colorado Avalanche win the Stanley Cup defeating the New Jersey Devils.
Music Highlights of 2001
- Grammy’s Song of 2001: Beautiful Day – U2
- Pink – You Make Me Sick
- Nelly – E.I.
- The Corrs – Breathless
- Vertical Horizon – Best I Ever Had
- The Wiseguys – Start The Commotion
- Fuel – Hemorrhage
- ATC – Around The World
- American Hi-Fi – Flavor Of The Week
- Daft Punk – One More Time
- Smash Mouth – I’m A Believer
- Uncle Cracker – Follow Me
- Faith Hill – There You’ll Be
- Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim Mya & Pink – Lady Marmalade
- Alicia Keys – Fallin’
- Jennifer Lopez – I’m Real
- Mary J Blige – Family Affair
- Crazy Town – Butterfly
- Dido – Thank You
- Madonna – Don’t Tell Me
- ‘N Sync – Gone
- Jennifer Lopez – Love Don’t Cost A Thing
- Enrique Iglesias – Hero
- Lifehouse – Hanging By A Moment
- Train – Drops Of Jupiter
- Usher – You Remind Me
- Destiny’s Child – Survivor
- Shaggy – It Wasn’t Me
- Janet Jackson – All For You
- Shaggy – Angel
- Nelly Furtado – Turn Off The Light
- Nickelback – How You Remind Me
- Staind – It’s Been Awhile
- Destiny’s Child – Bootylicious
- Lenny Kravitz – Again
- Michelle Branch – Everywhere
- Joe – Stutter
- Jessica Simpson – Irresistible
- Five For Fighting – Superman
- Sugar Ray – When It’s Over
- Incubus – Drive
- Nelly – Ride Wit Me
- Jagged Edge – Where The Party At
- ‘N Sync – Pop
- K-Ci & JoJo – Crazy
Entertainment Highlights of 2001
- Best Picture: Gladiator: Douglas Wick, David Franzoni, Branko Lustig
- Best Actor: Russell Crowe – Gladiator
- Best Actress: Julia Roberts – Erin Brockovich
Top Television Shows:
- Friends, ER, Law and Order, Everybody Loves Raymond, Survivor, The West Wing, Monday Night Football, Will And Grace, Leap Of Faith, Becker
Learn more about 2001 on Wikipedia. Thank you for visiting our page – weddings in 2001.