Wedding table numbers are a great way at reception to designate guests to a specific table to sit. Table numbers do not specify which seat guests are to sit. Guests still have the option to sit next to whomever they wish at the table. Below are 12 wedding table number ideas.
One suggestion we can make when selecting objects for wedding reception table numbers is to think of objects that already have numbers on them!
Wedding table numbers are a great way to show your personality and design. Check out our list of offbeat wedding table ideas and see if we can spark an interest to be creative at your own wedding reception.
Offbeat Wedding Table Number Ideas
- Every N.A.S.C.A.R. driver has their own specific number. You can have die-cut numbered cars or even Hot Wheels cars have numbers too. Another option would be to have framed pictures of numbered cars on the track for each table.
- Want to place your odds that framed playing cards are a good idea for table numbers? You can even make your own to include your own wedding colors. Be sure the wedding party table is the queen of hearts!
- There are very artsy and creative numbers available for purchase individually. Whether it be home address numbers, large neon sign numbers, or custom-made numbers on Etsy.
- Are you and your spouse big sports fans? You can have numbers on your favorite sports jerseys. The jerseys can be framed images made from your image software.
- Can you tell me what time it is? Find less expensive or very extravagant clocks that are stopped at the time of the table number. However, you will be limited to twelve tables with this idea.
- With the use of a spray-on chalkboard, many objects can be used as table numbers with chalk. You can spray champagne bottles, pint beer bottles, jars, vases, and much more.
- Going off of the idea of chalkboard paint, the same can be said for numbered stickers. Numbered stickers can be placed on beer growlers, vases, plaques, and homemade signs.
- Another great place for numbers is in books. Copybook chapter number pages and save them to your computer. Then, pretty it up on your computer’s image software or import the image into an online image software site like PicMonkey to be more creative in the finished product. If you want a classic look, copy the pages onto vintage paper.
- If you have an eclectic wedding, consider having pool table balls for table numbers. If you don’t want the mixture of colors, you can paint each ball and get numbered stickers to place them on the painted balls.
- A unique idea for an upscale wedding is to use a form of Roman numerals. You can purchase wooden Roman numerals at your local craft store and decorate them to match your wedding decor. You can also frame images of Roman numerals.
- A very offbeat table number without spending too much “money” would be to frame real money. We are not suggesting using dollar bills unless you have the room on your tables for big frames. Each bill must be in full view. However, you can have fun and make changes that add up to your table number. You can include currency that is not seen on a regular basis like two-dollar bills, half dollars, and Susan B. Anthony coins. You can also keep it simple by painting pennies to match your wedding colors and frame the number of pennies to match the table numbers (or leave them in the original state).
- Use Scrabble tiles to spell out actual numbers or clever words. You can glue the Scrabble tiles onto any surface to match your decor.
Other unique wedding reception ideas:
- Selecting Your Wedding Table Centerpieces
- Wedding Reception Food Ideas For The Budget-Conscious Couple