Are you looking for the perfect DIY recipe for a stunning wedding cake? We’ve searched all over and are happy to bring to you the most delicious and moist recipes for that perfect day. Click the title link of each recipe for step-by-step directions. Enjoy!
Wedding Cake Recipes
This recipe is simple, mouth-watering, and beautiful. It is perfect for small intimate weddings.
Yield: 12 servings
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup buttermilk, room temperature
- ½ cup whole milk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Simple and full of flavor and texture, this small dessert will please all of your guests and your pocketbook as well.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for coating pan
- 6 large eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- Creme Fraiche Mousse
- Passion Fruit Curd for Icebox Dessert
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 8 passion fruit
8. The White Almond Wedding Cake
This dessert is smooth and creamy with a hint of delicious almond. It’s a classy dessert, indeed!
Yield: 20 servings
- 1 cup white sugar
- Domino Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white dessert mix
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- C&H Sugar Pure, Granulated
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 egg whites
Holy Moly! This beautiful and succulent dessert tastes so good. This is definitely a winner.
- 2(18 ounces) boxes white dessert mix (Betty Crocker or Pillsbury)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 large egg whites
What a modern and delicious dessert! It is an elegant and beautifully crafted dessert that will definitely impress.
- 5 x ingredients for Easy vanilla dessert
- buttercream (see recipe details in link)
- 5 x ingredients for Basic vanilla
- 340g/12oz jar apricot jam warmed and sieved
- 340g/12oz jar strawberry jam, optional Try Tiptree Strawberry & Champagne)
- 40cm thick round dessert board
- 4kg white ready-to-roll icing (Try Regalice)
- 15cm, 23cm and 30cm thin round dessert boards
- a roll of baking parchment
- cocktail sticks
- palette knife
- a flat baking sheet or dessert lifter
- icing sugar, for rolling out
- string, for measuring
- 8 x long plastic dowels
- tube of UHU glue, or similar
- kitchen scissors
- 3½ m x 1½ cm white satin ribbon
My goodness, what a dream! These flame-kissed plums and peaches atop grill-marked pound dessert are the crème de la crème of desserts. The blending of the divine yogurt whipped cream is to die for!
- Four 1/2-inch-thick slices of Classic Pound Dessert
- Melted unsalted butter
- 3 halved and pitted peaches and plums
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- Zest and juice of 1/2 a lime
One of the most beautiful desserts on this list, the Amaretto Cream wedding cake lends its apricot glaze and amaretto butter harmony right onto the bride’s lips. If executed correctly, the architecture of this recipe is authentic buttercream art.
- Apricot Glaze
- 3 1/2 times the ingredients for Amaretto Cream Cake Batter
- 2 1/2 times the ingredients for Buttercream Frosting, divided
- 1 cup prepared fondant or gum paste
- Lavender food coloring paste
- Dragées (silver beads)
- Luster Dust in Antique Silk
- Roses (optional)
Ok, now this is delish! The Lemon Raspberry Wedding Cake. The perfect sweet and tart combination that we know and love? In a dessert? Yes!
Yield: 125 servings
- 3 batches fluffy white cake
- 1 batch lemon curd
- 9 cups (36 ounces) fresh raspberries or 3 (12-ounce) bags frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- 3 batches meringue butter-cream
- Special equipment: one 12-inch, one 9-inch, and one 6-inch cardboard round
What a perfect private wedding cake. This recipe is exclusive and will have your guest raving about how good your wedding cake was!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- Makes 7 1/2 cups batter, enough for two full 8″ rounds or one 9×13″ sheet.
- 18.25 oz Pillsbury or Betty Crocker White or Vanilla dessert mix (this is approx. 1 box + 3/4 cup dessert mix)
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp dessert flour (NOT all-purpose flour)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter (lightly salted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or almond extract (optional)
Be sure to click the title link for more yummy details! Enjoy!
Featured on the Rachael Ray show, this dessert is the ” Big Kahuna” of DIY wedding cakes. Brides, grooms, and guests have listed this work of art as the dessert to have at your wedding.
- 2 cups (500 mL) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (11 mL) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla
For a step-by-step tutorial and video featuring the dessert boss himself, Buddy Valastro, and Rachael Ray; be sure to click the link!
Each DIY recipe is easy to execute, classic, and incredibly tasteful, pun intended!
Read other wedding cake articles:
- Cheap Wedding Cake Ideas On A Budget
- Non-Traditional Wedding Cake Topper Ideas
- Best Cake Cutting Songs 2020