Updated November 16, 2023 | Written by Matthew Campbell
The wedding unity ceremony is a symbol of two people joining as one. Two families unite. Two souls unite. The event takes place during the wedding ceremony after the wedding couple exchanges their vows.
When picking out the song for the unity ceremony, you must consider the following 3 factors:
- Does the song have a special meaning to both of you?
- Does the tempo of the song (fast or slow) match the mood of your ceremony?
- Does the song’s genre and meaning match your music tastes and relationship?
As an experienced wedding DJ, I’ve assembled a list of songs for the unity ceremony. Songs are selected by the meaning of the song and popular hits by today’s couples. Besides new and trending, additional lists are grouped by genre to match your taste in music.
New Unity Ceremony Songs
- “Love One Another” by Paul Cardall (Classical – 2023)
- “Your Hands” by Mae Estes (Country – 2023)
- “Stumble Together” by Matt Bednarsky (Folk – 2023)
- “Your Hands” by Mae Estes (Country – 2022)
- “Hand in Hand” by Thad Fiscella (New Age – 2022)
- “Infinity (Piano Version)” by Flying Fingers (New Age – 2022)
- “Last Love” by Jon Mullins (Pop – 2022)
- “Lover of Mine” by Louyah (Singer-Songwriter – 2022)
- “Worth It” by Ryan Cabrera (Pop – 2022)
- “Our Forever” by Spencer Crandall Country – 2022)
- “Always Be Yours” by Scott Drury (Christian – 2022)
- “Chance of a Lifetime (The Proposal)” by Cory Singer (Pop – 2022)
- “If I Didn’t Love You” by Ben Abraham (Alternative – 2022)
Top Songs to Celebrate a Marriage Unity
- “Canon in D” by Brooklyn Duo (Pop – 2020) With more than 15 million views on Youtube, this piano and cello duet is an instrumental cover of one of the most popular wedding songs of all time behind the “Wedding March”.
- “One + One” by Lawson Bates feat. Olivia Collingsworth (Country – 2019) If you are looking for a religious song for your unity ceremony, listen to this song as it describes a couple joining together with God.
- “Hand in Hand” by David Arkenstone (New Age – 2018) This Celtic gem fits perfectly into any wedding ceremony. It can be used not only for the unity candle lighting but also for the rope ceremony or sand ceremony.
- “Air on a G String” by Hauser (Classical – 2020) Hauser is a cellist and a member of 2Cellos. He broke out on his own on this widely popular instrumental wedding song.
- “No Matter Where You Are (Wedding Version)” by Us The Duo (Pop – 2020) Even though they did not win the season they were on America’s Got Talent, this song will win over your heart.
- “I Would, I Could, I Do (Duet)” by Treela (Pop – 2019) This song is not by a superstar singer but this beautiful song has the perfect message for a message of unity during a wedding ceremony.
- “Take My Hand (The Wedding Song)” by Emily Hackett feat. Will Anderson (Singer-Songwriter – 2014) This is a great love song in the singer-songwriter category.
Stream Untiy Ceremony Songs
My Wedding Songs is a reader-supported website. As an Amazon Associate, we earn revenue from qualifying purchases. Purchases made through links on this page may earn us a commission but also support the artists.
Listen to your favorite songs on streaming services!
Unique Folk Tracks
- If I Didn’t Love You – Ben Abraham
- Sing Me a Song – William Prince, Serena Ryder
- Hold Us Tight (Acoustic) – The Macarons Project
- Better Half – JJ Heller
- I’ve Made Up My Mind to Give Myself to You – Bob Dylan
- No Matter Where You Are (Wedding Version) – Us The Duo
- Compass (Cinematic Version) – Analog Heart
- I Chose You – Caleb Edens
- Forever From Now – Sheffield
- Hallelujah – Alison Sparrow
- Before You – Fortunate Ones
- Touching Heaven – JOHNNYSWIM
- One Flame – Amber Norgaard
- By My Side – Ben Harper
- Wedding Song (There Is Love) – Peter, Paul & Mary / Noel Paul Stookey
Popular Pop Hits
- Last Love – Jon Mullins
- Worth It – Ryan Cabrera
- Songbird – Rita Wilson, Josh Groban
- Chance of a Lifetime (The Proposal) – Cory Singer
- Make You Feel My Love – Blessing Offor, Bob Lanzetti
- When You Married Me – Andrew Brien
- I Do – Monique Melendez, Byron Addison
- I Am Yours – Andy Grammer
- Here, Right Now – Joshua Radin
- The Only One – Music Travel Love
- Could I Love You Any More – Reneé Dominique feat. Jason Mraz
- All My Life – SAILR
- Nothing Lost – The Alternate Routes
- I Would, I Could, I Do (Duet) – Treela
- I Belong to You – Jacob Lee
- Love Someone – Lukas Graham
- Today I Do – Tamia
- Promise To Love Her – Blane Howard
- Yours – Ella Henderson
- Take My Hand (The Wedding Song) – Emily Hackett feat. Will Anderson
- Guiding Light – Foy Vance feat. Ed Sheeran
- The Wedding Song – Matthew Mole
- I Choose You – Sara Bareilles
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- Ave Maria – Beyonce
- The Prayer – Charlotte Church & Josh Groban
- Yours, Mine & Ours – Teresa James & David Chamberlin
Modern Country Tunes
- Our Forever – Spencer Crandall
- Wherever Time Goes – Jake Hoot
- Believe in Love – Charlie Worsham
- If It Were Up To Me – Johnny and Heidi
- Giving It All (To You) – Haley & Michaels
- If I Know You – Justine Chantale
- One + One – Lawson Bates feat. Olivia Collingsworth
- All Your’n – Tyler Childers
- I Do – Casi Joy
- Greatest Love Story – LANCo
- Yours – Russell Dickerson
- Marry Me – Martina McBride and Pat Monahan
- I Could Never Love You Enough – Brian McComas
- When I Said I Do – Clint Black and Lisa Hartman Black
- Amazing Grace – Lari White
- From This Moment On – Shania Twain & Bryan White
- When You Say Nothing At All – Alison Krauss
Romantic R&B Favorites
- Faithfully – Brian McKnight
- I Found A Love (Live at Levon Helm Studios) – José James, Taali
- Sent From Heaven – Rahsaan Patterson
- My Word – Derran Day
- I Choose You (Acoustic) – Kiana Ledé
- Fall for You – Leela James
- Happily Ever After – Case
- For You – Kenny Lattimore
- Always and Forever – Heatwave
- Inseparable – Natalie Cole
Non-Traditional Indie Songs
- Lover of Mine – Louyah
- Ritual – Chadwick Johnson
- Anything – JJ Heller
- Make You Mine – Meg Ammons
- For a Lifetime – Ryann Darling feat. Cory Ard
- I Will Spend My Whole Life Loving You – Imaginary Future & Kina Grannis
- I Get to Love You – Ruelle
- The One – Kodaline
Rock Tunes to Set the Tone
- All Because of You – O.A.R.
- Never Stop (Wedding Version) – SafetySuit
- When You Say Nothing At All – Ronan Keating
- When You Love Someone – Bryan Adams
- All You Need Is Love – The Beatles
Religious Christian Tracks
- Always Be Yours – Scott Drury
- Two Becoming One – Jonathan and Emily Martin
- When I Say I Do – Matthew West
- Flesh Of My Flesh – Leon Patillo
- Faithful Friend – Twila Paris & Steven Curtis Chapman
- A Page Is Turned – Bebo Norman
Traditional Classical Instrumentals
- Air on a G String – Hauser
- Canon in D – Brooklyn Duo
- All Of Me – Daniel Jang
- Just the Way You Are – The Piano Guys
- One Hand, One Heart – O’Neill Brothers Group
Misc Genre Selections
- Infinity (Piano Version) – Flying Fingers
- Hand in Hand – Thad Fiscella
- Make You Feel My Love (Acoustic Instrumental) – Casper Esmann
- Hand in Hand – David Arkenstone
- Ave Maria – Luciano Pavarotti
Do you have a favorite unity ceremony song for weddings? Please share your song below in the comments.
Quick video of wedding ceremony song picks.
DJ, Author, Music Lover
Matthew (Matt) Campbell is the founder/editor of My Wedding Songs from his experience as a wedding DJ. He is the author of two wedding planners: ‘Wedding Songs Planner’ and ‘The Wedding Music Toolkit’. Matt is the host of the ‘Wedding Songs Podcast’. He shares music inspiration in his weekly newsletter the ‘Wedding MusicLetter’. His articles have been published on Rolling Stone, DJ Life Magazine, and DJ Times. Matt resides in the wedding capital of the world – Las Vegas.