75 Best Jazz Songs for Weddings
We have created a list of our favorite best jazz songs for weddings. Jazz music was influenced by West African folk music. Although it is thought that Jazz started in New Orleans in the early 20th century, many areas in America also started playing jazz music at the same time such as St. Louis, Chicago, and Kansas City.
Jazz music is an American creation. Jazz music is more than just played by musicians. It is considered a heartfelt expression.
Jazz spans many different styles of music such as Swing, Big Band, Dixieland, Scat, and much more. Early Jazz musicians were Louis Armstrong, Sidney Bechet, and Jelly Roll Morton. In the ’30s Jazz Swing was most popular with artists like Count Basie, the Dorsey Brothers, and Artie Shaw.
Top 20 Jazz Songs (most popular downloads on Amazon)
- What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- Don’t Worry Be Happy – Bobby McFerrin
- Fly Me To The Moon – Frank Sinatra feat. Count Basie And His Orchestra
- My Way – Frank Sinatra
- Theme From New York, New York – Frank Sinatra
- Timeline – Cal Harris Jr.
- This Land Is Your Land – Woody Guthrie
- So Emotional – Miles Davis feat. Lalah Hathaway
- Alone at Last – Rachael & Vilray
- Neo Sol – Steve Cole
- Bridge Over Troubled Water – Simon & Garfunkel
- Take the “A” Train – Duke Ellington & His Famous Orchestra
- What You Won’t Do for Love – Bobby Caldwell
- Breezin’ – George Benson
- Groovin with D – D. Mills
- Hot Fun In The Summer – Johnny Britt
- Because of You – Tony Bennett
- Holding On – Gregory Porter feat. Kem
Best Jazz Songs
Last Updated: August 14, 2019
The Best of Jazz vs. the Best of Swing. Please also see our Best of Swing songs. Songs could cross between both categories. However, we have decided to put artists like Duke Ellington, Artie Shaw, Count Basie and the likes on the Best of Swing list. Some Jazz songs that do not have lyrics or verbiage may also be listed in our Instrumental song category.
Jazz wedding song list curated by Matthew Campbell