Best Folk Wedding Songs
Folk songs are some of our favorite songs to play at weddings. They are not on every wedding playlist and have much emotion in their performances. Traditional folk music has been defined in several ways: as music transmitted orally, music with unknown composers, or music performed by custom over a long period of time.
If you love Folk music, be sure to attend the Montana Folk Festival. It is held in Butte, MT in the month of July.
Top 10 Folk Songs (as compiled by popular downloads)
- Sundown – Gordon Lightfoot
- Take Me Home, Country Roads – John Denver
- Harlem River Blues – Justin Townes Earle
- In Hell I’ll Be in Good Company – The Dead South
- Bad Liver And A Broken Heart (Alone Together Sessions) – Hayes Carll
- I Got You – Michael Franti & Spearhead
- The Boxer – Simon & Garfunkel
- The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald – Gordon Lightfoot
- A Perfect Day – Loudon Wainwright III
- Fast Car – Tracy Chapman
We have compiled a list of our favorite 40 folk songs perfect for weddings.
Folk Wedding Songs
Folk wedding song list curated by Matthew Campbell
Last Updated: August 29, 2020
Listen to our folk wedding songs playlist on Spotify.
Reader suggested song!
Tom Rosenthal – For You To Be Here
2015, The Pleasant Trees (Volume 2)
If you have a folk wedding song not on our list that you think SHOULD be on our list, be sure to comment on the song below. We read and respond to every comment.
If you like this song list, you may also like the following song lists:
Hot New Songs Delivered Monthly!