Best Indie & Folk Wedding Songs
Folk and Indie songs are some of our favorite songs to play at weddings. They are not on every wedding playlist and have much emotion in their performances. In addition, they are typically singer-songwriters too – music artists that write and perform their own songs.
Top 11 Folk Songs (as compiled by popular downloads on Amazon)
- Ho Hey – The Lumineers
- The Weight – The Band
- Leaving on a Jet Plane – Peter, Paul and Mary
- Sundown – Gordon Lightfoot
- Wagon Wheel – Old Crow Medicine Show
- In Hell I’ll Be in Good Company – The Dead South
- Sunshine – Jonathan Edwards
- Alabama People – The Dead South
- Let Her Go – Passenger
- Give Me One Reason – Tracy Chapman
- Cat’s in the Cradle – Harry Chapin
We have compiled a list of our favorite 100 folk and indie songs perfect for weddings.
Folk & Indie Wedding Songs
Last Updated: August 26, 2019
Tom Rosenthal – For You To Be Here
2015, The Pleasant Trees (Volume 2)
There’s the list of our favorite Indie and Folk wedding songs. These are not songs on every wedding playlist.
If you have a folk or indie wedding song not on our list that you think SHOULD be on our list, be sure to comment the song below. We read and respond to every comment.
If you like this song list, you may also like the following song lists:
Folk & Indie wedding song list curated by Matthew Campbell