Getting married in a church can be challenging when selecting your church wedding songs. Before selecting any music, be sure to speak to your Priest/Pastor/Officiant about the rules of what music is allowed.
Another thing to consider is who will be playing the music. Some churches only have an organ or piano, while others may have a complete band ensemble.
Another consideration is to plan your songs by the size of the church. If the church is small, you would not want long-length songs for the entrance and exit.
Stream Church Wedding Playlist
My Wedding Songs is a reader-supported website. As an Amazon Associate, we earn revenue from qualifying purchases. Purchases made through links on this page may earn us a commission but also support the artists.
Listen to your favorite songs on streaming services!
Songs played as the wedding party enters the church and approaches the altar are known as processional songs. Here are processional songs for church weddings.
Church Wedding Music Ideas
- Air – Johann Sebastian Bach
- Air from Water Music – George Frideric Handel
- Hornpipe (From “Water Music”) – George Frideric Handel
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring, Cantata BWV 147: Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring – Johann Sebastian Bach
- Ode to Joy (From Symphony No. 9 In D Minor, Op. 125) – Ludwig van Beethoven
- Te Deum – (Traditional chant melody)
- Love Divine, All Loves Excelling – Charles Wesley (hymn)
- Here Comes The Bride – Richard Wagner
- Trumpet Voluntary in D Major (The Prince of Denmark’s March) – Jeremiah Clarke
- Music for the Royal Fireworks, HWV 351: III. La jouissance – George Frederic Handel
- Trumpet Tune in D – Jeremiah Clarke
Songs are also played during church weddings during:
- Unity songs at a wedding
- The signing of the marriage license
- Presentation of the gifts
- Songs during “down-time” like before and after vows, the ring exchange, and readings.
Popular Musician Ideas
Amazing Grace – Susan Boyle
Released in 2009 on the album I Dreamed a Dream
Ave Maria – Beyoncé
Released in 2008 on the album I Am… Sasha Fierce
The Wedding Song – Kenny G
Released in 1992 on the album Breathless
Wedding Song (There Is Love) – Noel Paul Stookey
Released in 1971 on the album Paul and
Recessional Church Song Ideas
Wedding March – Felix Mendelssohn
Symphony No. 1 in C Major, Op. 21: IV. Finale (Adagio – Allegro molto e vivace) – Ludwig van Beethoven
Toccata from Symphony No. 5 – Charles-Marie Widor
Radetsky March, Op. 228 – Johann Strauss
Do you have a favorite song to play during a church wedding? Please share your song below in the comments.