When it comes to celebrating birthdays, you simply cannot celebrate any birthday, without great music! Music is a huge part of our lives and it makes every moment more fun to celebrate! Who doesn’t LOVE listening to their favorite songs? In the US, we tend to celebrate a few milestone birthdays, such as when you turn 13, 21, and then usually decades, after that (30, 40, 50, etc). However, for many Latino/Hispanic Americans, and Latinos around the world, the 15th birthday is also a very special birthday!
A “Quinceañera” is a celebration for a young girl’s 15th birthday. This special birthday and celebration mark the transition from the ending of childhood to becoming a young adult. A “Quinceañero” is a celebration for young men. These birthdays are also commonly referred to as “quinces.” There are special ceremonies and rituals, a church mass (usually Catholic), and of course a fun reception, to celebrate this occasion! To learn more about the ceremonies, read our article “What is a Quinceanera? History & Traditions, Explained.” Now, let’s get to the reception music. Here are some great Latin hits that are always great to play at any Quince!
1. “Suavemente” – Elvis Crespo
2. “La Vida es Un Carnival” – Celia Cruz
3. “Guantanamera!” – Celia Cruz
4. “Oye Como Va” – Tito Puente
5. “Danza Kuduro” – Don Omar
6. “Bailando” – Enrique Iglesias
7. “Vivir Mi Vida” – Marc Anthony
8. “Gasolina” – Daddy Yankee – This crossover song made Reggaeton popular in the US.
9. “Despacito” – Luis Fonsi feat. Daddy Yankee – Yes, this song has definitely been played a ton, but with over 3 BILLION views on YouTube, people clearly love this song! :)
10. “Como La Flor” – Selena – Everyone LOVES Selena!
11. “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom” – Selena
12. “Amor Prohibido” – Selena
13. “Obsession” – Aventura
14. “El Rey” Vicente Fernandez – You can’t go wrong with Mariachi music and Vicente Fernandez!
15. “Tragos Armagos” – Ramon Ayala
Listen to our best Quinceanera songs playlist on Spotify.
Also, even if this song isn’t formally requested, a great, traditional song to play for the birthday girl, is “Las Mananitas” by Vicente Fernandez. You can play it while cutting the cake, or at the end of the night, as a final dedication, if there isn’t a song already picked out! The guests will be happy to hear it and surprised you know the song! :) We hope this list helps you create the perfect Quince playlist. These songs are great for any occasion!
Check out these related song lists: