70 Best Instrumental Songs for Weddings
We have created a list of our favorite best instrumental songs for weddings. Instrumental songs are songs sung without lyrics or verbiage. Instrumental songs can be used during events in the wedding ceremony such as the processional, recessional, unity candle lighting, and more. Instrumental songs can also be played during a wedding reception including during the cocktail and dinner hours, cake cutting, grand entrance or introductions, and more.
Many popular mainstream songs are renditioned into instrumental jazz songs by many jazz music artists. When selecting wedding music, you can consider different types of instrumental songs such as recorded music artists of the piano, guitar, sax, and harpists. Wedding planners can also consider popular classical music artists like Mozart, and Bach. In addition, you can include many big band musicians of today and yesteryear.
Top 10 Current Classical Songs (as popular downloads on Amazon)
- We’ll Meet Again – Vera Lynn & Sailors
- The Prayer – Andrea Bocelli feat. Céline Dion
- Love is Blue – Paul Mauriat
- A Thousand Years – The Piano Guys
- Fall On Me – Andrea Bocelli & Matteo Bocelli
- The Ride Of The Valkyries – Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (Vernon Handley)
- Ants Marching / Ode to Joy – The Piano Guys
- Blackheart – Two Steps From Hell
- Symphony No. 3, Op. 36: II. Lento e Largo – Tranquillissimo – Dawn Upshaw, London Sinfonietta, David Zinman
- (It’s Gonna Be) Okay – The Piano Guys
When considering instrumental music for your wedding, you may also consider live musicians to perform at particular times of the wedding day. For example, bagpipes can play as a grand entrance, a harpist can play during a wedding ceremony, a 3+ piece band (lead singer, guitarist, drummer, etc.) can perform at wedding receptions for music entertainment.
Instrumental Hit Song Covers For Weddings
Bridal couples want to have current songs on the radio incorporated into their weddings. However, not every radio hit is perfect for every event of a wedding. This is when it is great to have instrumental hit wedding song versions.
According to the Dictionary, instrumental is music written for or performed on musical instruments, not including singing. Popular instrumental songs include instruments such as guitar, piano, saxophone, and string quartets (commonly two violin players, a viola player, and a cellist).
Not only can you play instrumental songs during cocktail hour and mealtime, but the songs can also be used as unity songs during the wedding ceremony, processional, recessional, and music played as guests arrive at the venue. Depending on your type of event and the music you like, The Piano Guys’ song “A Thousand Years” would make for a fantastic first dance song. Along with The Piano Guys, another popular instrumental music artist is Vitamin String Quartet. With instrumental versions of hit songs “Stay With Me” and “Can’t Help Falling in Love”, Vitamin String Quartet will remain on wedding playlists for years to come.
- A Thousand Years – The Piano Guys
- Bless the Broken Road – The Piano Guys
- Stay With Me – Vitamin String Quartet
- Can’t Help Falling in Love – Vitamin String Quartet
- Such Great Heights – The Section Quartet
- Secrets – Dallas String Quartet
- I Will Wait – 2Cellos
- Nothing Else Matters – Scott D. Davis
- Without You – Josh Vietti
- Have I Told You Lately That I Love You – United Guitar Players
- Marry Me – United Guitar Players
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World – Relaxation Guitar Maestro
- All Of Me – O’Neill Brothers Group
- I Won’t Give Up – O’Neill Brothers Group
- Here Comes the Sun – Instrumental Songs Music
Listen to our instrumental hit song covers playlist on Spotify.
Best Instrumental Songs
Instrumental wedding song lists curated by Matthew Campbell
Last Updated: June 28, 2020
Listen to our best instrumental wedding playlist on Spotify.
Other related song lists to read:
Get New Wedding Song Tips!