Wedding unity candle songs are a great way to highlight the process of lighting unity candles during a wedding ceremony. The unity candle ceremony typically takes place after wedding vows are read. The unity candle ceremony can include just the bride and groom only or the addition of parents of each the bride and groom. If parents are included in the unity candle process, it would signify the coming together of both families through matrimony.
7. You Light Up My Life – Debby Boone. Originally released in 1977. A great love song to show how much another lights up their world. We placed this at number 7 as it fit the theme of light. However, this song may also be seen as corny because of the same theme. It is one of our favorites but use your own judgment.
6. Circle Of Life – Elton John. Originally released in 2002. This song became popular from the movie the Lion King. However, the words are very fitting to the unity candle ceremony when the bride and groom’s family members are included.
5. Inseparable – Natalie Cole. Originally released in 1975. With lyrics such as “We are just, Inseparable, that’s how it is”, this is a classic R&B love song. Natalie has a soulful voice to truly make this a ceremony with lots of feeling and emotion.
4. True Companion – Marc Cohn. Originally released in 1991. Just as the previous song, Marc has one of those voices that really stands out and makes you feel the song lyrics. We feel this is a great unity candle song as a companion relationship is like a unity of two people. With lyrics like “My arms are reaching out, out across this canyon, I’m asking you to be my true companion,” a classic rock love song.
3. I Could Never Love You Enough – Brian McComas. Originally released in 2003. Our only country love song on our list. This is not a song known by the masses, but it should be. Just by the song title, you get an idea of the theme of this song.
2. Wedding Song (There Is Love) – Peter, Paul & Mary / Noel Paul Stookey. Originally released in 1971. This song has been around the longest on our list. However, this is a classic love song that could be considered a folk style music song. However, we love acoustical songs that that show true love. In addition, the song is themed for a wedding.
1. One Hand, One Heart – West Side Story Cast. The initial release date of the play was October 18, 1961. This song is a fantastic vocal or as an instrumental song for the unity candle ceremony. The main chorus is as follows: “Make of our hands one hand, make of our hearts one heart, make of our vows one last vow, only death will part us now.”
Matt loves listening to any music style he can understand the words. Matt lives in the wedding capital of the world, Las Vegas, with his wife Sharon. His likes include craft beer, baseball and, traveling.