2012 has proven itself to be one of the best years for modern wedding songs. This list of 2012 wedding songs includes performances by Hunter Hayes, Carly Rae Jepsen, Florida Georgia Line, and other stars of the decade. The perfect song for your wedding just might be on this list.
2012 Wedding Songs
My Wedding Songs is a reader-supported website. As an Amazon Associate, we earn revenue from qualifying purchases.
Carly Rae Jepsen scored a big hit with this pop tune in 2012, a song that appeals to individuals young and old. The theme of the song is related to falling in love, and using this song for wedding reception dancing will inspire guests to participate and sing along.
Flo Rida can bring the dance groove all newlyweds want to have at the party after their wedding, and this song from 2012 can be used to kick off the reception when the happy couple makes their entrance. It works just as well when played during the send-off at the end of the night.
“Cruise” became one of the very first hits for country duo Florida Georgia Line, and this nice blend of country and hip hop rhythms features Nelly for added appeal to young audiences. The music of Florida Georgia Line has a romantic feel which makes it perfect for weddings, and this one is a nice send-off song with its cruising theme.
Promise and devotion are the main themes of this ballad from Jason Mraz, a song in which a man vows to love his partner through all the ups and downs of life. The lyrics and music have made this a song which many wedding couples select as their first dance song.
This song by The Lumineers has a catchy but simple hook that people can’t stop singing, and that makes it a popular choice as an alternative wedding march. Some brides choose to have this versatile love song played as the wedding party is entering the chapel, and it can also provide a soundtrack for the recessional.
The full version of this song by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Ray Dalton clocks in at over seven minutes and the lyrics weave a narrative that describes an epic love story. The hip hop style means that couples will most likely use it for wedding reception dancing, but those who want to get creative can use the song to create a grand entrance to the reception hall.
“Adorn” by Miguel is a little suggestive at times, but that won’t be a problem for newlyweds who are wrapped up in the intimate nature of the day. It can be played right after the members of the wedding parties make their toasts, and it can also serve as a special dedication from the groom to his blushing bride.
The K-pop sensation Psy had the entire world dancing with this huge hit from 2012, and it is still popular as a wedding reception dance tune today. Most couples like to use it at points in the reception when many guests can join in and make it a group song celebration.
This 2012 love song by The Wanted starts with a mellow introduction that soon gives way to a mild dance beat, and it pushes everyone to move in tandem to the pulsing combination of music and lyrics. Even though it is most often used at weddings for dancing, the song is sometimes chosen as a last dance song of the night.
Rihanna and Calvin Harris combined their talents to produce this dance number which has a message of hope for lovers, one that says love can still be found today in a crazy world. There are few songs from the era which are better for filling the dance floor as a great party song.
Hunter Hayes began his country music career when he was three years old, appearing with the likes of Hank Williams, Jr. to sing old country songs. This is one of his biggest hits, and it is a solid love song that can be used in wedding processionals and other formal parts of marriage ceremonies.
Luke Bryan captures what it feels like to be consumed with love for that special someone, and it should come as no surprise that this song is used for the first dance between newlyweds. It will be preferred by couples who like the country music genre, but Bryan has a sound that also appeals to fans of pop.
Younger couples will want to include this song from Selena Gomez and The Scene in their wedding day celebration, and it has meaningful lyrics that support the theme of love everlasting. Gomez is a musical artist that young people can relate to, and including her music helps to maintain a modern vibe.
The country music of today is much different than the country music of years gone by, and Lee Brice was one of those who pushed the boundaries of the country sound with this song and others. While the sound may have changed, the theme of falling in love makes this song and other modern country hits popular wedding songs.
Couples who want good music for their wedding can’t go wrong with the beautiful songs of Keith Urban, and this is one from the Australian superstar that carries a theme of dedication to a partner. Use it as a non-traditional processional for your wedding and it will create the right emotional vibe.
Justin Bieber might not be to everyone’s musical taste, but he did manage to deliver a few love songs that can be used at weddings. This is perhaps the most popular of those, and it has been used by couples to accompany their first dance as man and wife.
For a complete list, visit our page of the best 2010s wedding songs. You will see great songs in the modern decade.
Celebrating weddings of 2012. Where were you and what was happening?
If you were one of the weddings of 2012…
Congratulations on your wedding of 2012. You share your anniversary with the following events.
Celebrity Weddings of 2012
- Alec Baldwin married Hilaria Thomas
- Blake Lively married Ryan Reynolds
- Jared Followill wed Martha Patterson
- Jessica Biel wed Justin Timberlake
- Amber Tamblyn married David Cross
News Highlights of 2012
- Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, CT.
- The re-election of President Barack Obama
- Hurricane Sandy wreaks havoc in the Caribbean and U.S.
- The talk of Obamacare and the effects on Americans and upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court
- The unrest in Libya
- The sex-abuse scandal at Penn State
- The civil war in Syria
- London holds the Summer Olympics
- Movie theater shooting in Colorado.
- The shooting of Trayvon Martin
- The fiscal cliff standoff
- Hurricane Isaac hits the U.S.
2012 Sports Champions:
- The San Francisco Giants swept the Detroit Tigers to win the World Series.
- The Baltimore Ravens surprised the San Francisco 49ers to capture a Super Bowl win.
- In a seven-game thriller, the Miami Heat beat the San Antonio Spurs to win the NBA Title.
- In a strike-shortened season, the Chicago Blackhawks won the series 4-2 over the Boston Bruins to win the Stanley Cup.
Music Highlights of 2012
- Grammy’s Song of 2012: Rolling In The Deep – Adele
- Work Out – J. Cole
- Hey Ho – The Lumineers
- Its Time- Imagine Dragons
- Feel Again- OneRepublic
- I Cry – Flo Rida
- Bad Girls – M.I.A.
- Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself) – Ne-Yo
- What Makes You Beautiful – One Direction
- Somebody That I Used To Know – Gotye
- Begin Again – Taylor Swift
- Adorn – Miguel
- Some Nights – fun.
- Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
- Climax – Usher
- Payphone – Maroon 5
- Lights – Ellie Goulding
- Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) – Kelly Clarkson
- We Found Love – Rihanna
- Starships – Nicki Minaj
- Wild Ones – Flow Rida
- Set Fire To The Rain – Adele
- Sexy And I Know It – LMFAO
- Wide Awake – Katy Perry
- Good Feeling – Flo Rida
Entertainment Highlights of 2012
- Best Picture: Argo
- Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis – Lincoln
- Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence – Silver Linings Playbook
Top Television Shows:
- American Idol, Dancing With The Stars, NCIS, The Voice, Vegas, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Covert Affairs, Sons Of Anarchy, Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Tanked, Glee, Parks and Recreation, Game of Thrones, Louie, The Walking Dead, Parenthood, 30 Rock, Homeland.
Learn more about 2012 on Wikipedia. Thank you for visiting our page – weddings of 2012.
Listen to our best 2012 Wedding songs playlist on Spotify.