2014 is over, it is time to reflect on the wedding songs of 2014. In our list of Top 10 Party Songs of 2014, we did not include any carryovers from the year before. We could have included Jay-Z and Beyonce’s Drunk In Love but the song was technically released in December 2013.
Great 2014 wedding songs were recorded by Tim McGraw, Bruno Mars, Ariana Grande, and other popular artists. You can find songs on this list which are perfect expressions of the love that you feel for your new spouse. Use them to make wedding memories that will last a lifetime.
Table of Contents
2014 Wedding Songs
Ed Sheeran is a must if you want your wedding song choices to be modern, and his voice on this romantic ballad is filled with a depth of emotion a few singers can achieve. You can play this as your wedding guests are being seated, or you can use it to provide the soundtrack for the couple’s first dance.
A song with this title might not seem like a good choice for a wedding reception, but the 2014 hit from Lee Brice is often found on the playlists of modern couples. The twist here is that the song is meant to inspire dancing, and it will do exactly that for your guests.
Mark Ronson got a little bit of help from Bruno Mars on this popular 2014 dance song that has become a staple of modern wedding celebrations. The song is one of those that tap into the soul and exuberance of youth, making it a nice choice for younger newlyweds.
That special woman who will stand by you for the rest of your life is your biggest cheerleader, and that is what this song from Omi is all about. Grooms like to play this song especially for the bride on her wedding day, but some brides have even chosen to include it as a show of support for their spouse.
Pharrell Williams managed to create a dance tune and also a celebration of life with this huge hit from 2014. Every married couple is celebrating their happiness on your wedding day, and this is a nice choice of music when it’s time to introduce the newlyweds for the first time.
Most people would agree that a wedding is the best day of their life, and that is the theme that runs through this American Authors song. Couples will probably want to save it for the reception where everyone can dance to the tune and reflect on what it means to be happy in love. The song also makes for a great recessional song.
The best wedding celebrations are those which stress marriage as a defining moment in life, and that is the sentiment behind this song by Pitbull featuring Ne-Yo. Songs by Pitbull are often chosen for modern weddings because they offer a nice mix of sentiment and a great party song.
It would be hard for anyone to deny the importance of Taylor Swift to modern pop and country music, a fact that is supported by this 2014 crossover hit. Swift’s music has a strong appeal to younger couples who are looking to build a wedding day around the music of their own generation.
Walk The Moon makes it clear in this 2014 wedding song that there is a time for everyone to stop talking and start dancing in celebration. Playing this one after the first dance between the new couple is a great way to kick off the wedding reception in grand order.
Coldplay has managed to deliver some memorable music throughout their career despite being largely ignored by mainstream radio, and this song from 2014 is played at many modern weddings. It can be used in a variety of ways, but many couples like to reserve it for their first dance.
Meghan Trainor was a very respected songwriter before she recorded and had a hit with this original dance tune. It belongs on the wedding reception playlist of every married couple that wants to encourage every guest to have a little bit of fun shaking it out on the dance floor.
If you want some modern country for your wedding day this song by Luke Bryan will create strong emotions among your guests. It also has a great dance groove like many of Bryan’s other hits, so make it a wedding song that all of the guests will enjoy.
Sia has one of the most powerful voices in all of the music, and she made this haunting ballad one of the most requested songs of 2014. It is a song that celebrates breaking free, and many brides can relate to the song’s theme on your wedding day.
Modern pop music is often a blend of engaging dance rhythms and meaningful lyrics, two things that define this song from Ariana Grande. Most brides seem to prefer having it played while the guests are arriving before the actual ceremony begins, but it can also be saved for dancing.
Tim McGraw only seems to get better with age, and this love ballad from 2014 proves that McGraw is still a relevant voice in the music of today. Like many of McGraw’s hits, this one is a simple take on the love of one boy for one girl.
Dierks Bentley returned to the top of the country charts with this song from 2014, a tune that newlyweds often find appropriate for a first dance together. It can be used in many ways for weddings, but the song is most often included on the list of reception songs.
2014 Party Songs – Top 10
Love Never Felt So Good – Michael Jackson featuring Justin Timberlake
Love Never Felt So Good song peaked at number 9 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song was released just short of 5 years after Michael’s passing.
Bang Bang – Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj
Bang Bang peaked at number 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Ariana Grande had a breakout year featuring her second album My Everything and being featured in her mega-hit “Problem” and “Break Free” of 2014. Do you think Ariana’s fame was propelled with her brother, Frankie, being on the TV show Big Brother?
For more information about the Billboard Hot 100, please visit Billboard‘s official website.
If you think we missed out on awesome 2014 party songs, please comment below the song your suggest with the song you would replace. Also, check out our list of the top 200 best party songs.
We love talking about local Las Vegas talent that creates wedding songs! The Cab did just that with the song Numbers released in 2014 on EP Lock Me Up.
What songs of 2014 were the most Googled? Here are the top 10 Googled songs of 2014! The list was compiled by Google itself and shown in Google Trends. Learn the real facts about each song.
The word is of Hebrew origin and is translated as Praise Ye. We do not believe that anyone artists’ singles prevail over the others in popularity. The religious song itself outweighs any recorded performance.
6. The Star-Spangled Banner
It does not surprise me that this is in the top, most searched songs. The song is commonly sung in schools to start the school day. With the Super Bowl being this weekend, many people want to verify all of the song’s words to know if Idina Menzel will sing the song perfectly. This is a common proposition bet in Las Vegas sportsbooks.
5. Shake It Off as performed by Taylor Swift
The album 1989 was released in August 2014 and transitioned Taylor from a Country emphasis to Pop. Of course, the song reached number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
4. The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?) as performed by Ylvis
Ylvis is a comedic artist from Norway. The song is an electronic dance song. The song reached epic status with its viral sensation on Youtube in 2014. The video has close to 500 million views. The Fox peaked at number 6 on U.S.’s Billboard Hot 100. The song was released in September 2013.
3. Dark Horse as performed by Katy Perry
The song was released in September 2013 on album Prism. The song peaked at number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Interesting not – Katy Perry will perform the halftime performance at the 2015 Super Bowl.
2. Let It Go as performed by Idina Menzel
The movie Frozen was released in 2013 by Disney and the song was officially released in November 2013. Hard to believe the song only peaked at #38 on the Billboard Hot 100. However, on Youtube Let It Go has received more than 300 million views. Interesting note – Idina Menzel will perform The Star-Spangled Banner at the 2015 Super Bowl.
1. Happy Birthday
This song is sitting at the number one spot year over year. Maybe because everyone has at least one birthday each year and wants to play the song at the birthday party? Everyone already knows the lyrics, so it’s not that.
Love Songs of 2014
Here are the top 6 love songs of 2014. Even though John Legend was released at the tail end of 2013, he deserves to be on the list as it was the most played love song of 2014. We kept in mind the theme of the song when creating our list – which left off Sam Smith’s song Stay With Me. Enjoy!
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):
My Eyes – Blake Shelton
If you were one of the weddings of 2014…
Congratulations on your wedding of 2014. You share your anniversary with the following events.
Celebrity Weddings of 2014
- George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
- Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg
- Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnso
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald
- Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade
- Elton John and David Furnish
- Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka
- Lance Bass and Michael Turchin
- Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi and Jionni LaValle
News Highlights of 2014
- Flooding across America for the first few months – Global warming is real.
- The death of actors Philip Seymour Hoffman, Joan Rivers, and Robin Williams.
- The loss of flight MH370 of Malaysia Airlines in the Indian Ocean.
- Diplomatic struggles between Russia and Ukraine.
- Oscar Pistorius murder trial of girlfriend.
- Viral video of a vicious dog attacking a boy being saved by a cat.
- Russia shot down Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 killing 298.
- Brazilian World Cup – Germany beat Argentina in the final.
- The civil war in Syria continues and reached the mass media again.
- US journalist James Foley was murdered by a militant who became known as Jihadi John.
2014 Sports Champions:
- Madison Bumgarner led the San Francisco Giants past the Kansas City Royals in 7 games.
- The Seattle Seahawks beat the Denver Broncos in a lackluster competition in Super Bowl XLVIII
- San Antonio Spurs defeated the Eastern Conference champion Miami Heat 4-1 to win the NBA Championship.
- Los Angeles Kings defeated the New York Rangers 4-1 to win the Stanley Cup.
Music Highlights of 2014
- Grammy’s Song of 2014: Royals — Lorde
- Get Lucky — Daft Punk & Pharrell Williams
- Radioactive — Imagine Dragons
- Locked Out of Heaven — Bruno Mars
- Blurred Lines — Robin Thicke, featuring T.I. & Pharrell
- Just Give Me a Reason — P!nk featuring Nate Ruess
- Roar – Katy Perry
- Same Love — Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Mary Lambert
- Mirrors — Justin Timberlake
- Clarity — Zedd Featuring Foxes
- Always Alright — Alabama Shakes
- God Is Dead? — Black Sabbath
- Modern Vampires of the City — Vampire Weekend
- Something — Snarky Puppy with Lalah Hathaway
- Love and War – Tamar Braxton
- Unapologetic — Rihanna
- Thrift Shop — Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, featuring Wanz
- Swimming Pools (Drank) — Kendrick Lamar
- Wagon Wheel — Darius Rucker
- Mama’s Broken Heart — Miranda Lambert
- Highway Don’t Care — Tim McGraw, Taylor Swift & Keith Urban
- I Drive Your Truck – Lee Brice
- Remember You — Wiz Khalifa, featuring The Weeknd
Entertainment Highlights of 2014
- Best Picture: “12 Years a Slave”
- Best Actor: Matthew McConaughey – “Dallas Buyer’s Club”
- Best Actress: Cate Blanchett – “Blue Jasmine”
Top Television Shows:
- Empire, NCIS, The Big Bang Theory, Football!, Modern Family, Scandal, The Voice, The Blacklist, Criminal Minds, The Walking Dead, Blue Bloods, Dancing With The Stars, Castle, Downton Abbey, Elementary.
Learn more about 2014 on Wikipedia. Thank you for visiting our page – weddings of 2014.