Everyone loves having photos at a wedding reception as the memories will last a lifetime. Personalities can really come out in a photo booth – more so than traditional posed wedding pictures. Here are a few reasons why to have a photo booth at a wedding reception – props. Be sure to have accessories inside the Photo Booth for guests to choose from. The props selected need to accentuate the theme of the wedding. Here are 10 themes of prop ideas.
Best Photo Booth Props
- Black tie event – top hats, canes, gloves for men and women, tiaras, bow ties.
- Christmas theme – be sure to have Santa Hats, glasses for the Mr. and Mrs. Claus, red noses, ornaments, Santa’s beard.
- Party props to create the party event – large sunglasses, glow sticks, blow up instruments like guitars, saxophones, microphones.
- Rustic theme – straw cowboy and cowgirl hats, horseshoes, rope, a bale of hay, chaps, toy guns, and holsters, stick horses
- Beach theme – Leis, sunglasses, sun hats, umbrellas, beach balls, sand bucket with a shovel, surfboards, flip flops.
- Vintage theme – pearl necklaces, hairdos that fit the desired era, boas, neckties, smoke pipes, cigarette onsite cigarette holder, and fedoras.
- Ethnic theme – Think of vibrant color props including fabric to wrap inside,
- Outdoors theme – you can really have fun with this one! You can include sporting items such as fishing hats, fishing poles, plastic fish, plastic rifles, hunting vests, Elmer Fudd hats, backpacks, and biking helmets. The sky is the limit depending on your favorite sports.
- Traditional wedding theme – These are for your everyday weddings. Just two people in love trying to have a great time with a pogo booth. We suggest props like picture frames, mustaches, lips, glasses, sunglasses, hats for the gents and tiaras and boas for the ladies, hairdos, ties, and crowns.
- All theme props: handmade signs (these can be pre-made or chalkboard for guests to create their own), beards, mustaches,
Finally, don’t forget to get the Bride and Groom to join in on the fun!
Other photography articles:
- 10 Awesome Ways To Incorporate Photos Into Your Wedding
- Picture Perfect: A Wedding Photographer Checklist
- 23 Mistakes To Avoid Choosing A Wedding Photographer