Go Barefoot Day is celebrated each year on June 1.
The day started by non-profit organization Soles4Souls.
In February 2017, Soles4Souls hit a milestone of 30 million pairs of shoes collected and distributed to those in need.
If you have an old pair of shoes, please donate them.
Soles4Souls helps developing countries by providing shoes to prevent sickness, and even death, like walking, is the primary mode of getting around and risk of being exposed to unsanitary conditions.
Being barefoot has a stigma of relaxation and fun.
Examples include walking barefoot on the beach.
A simple life is good with me. I don’t need a whole lot. For me, a T-shirt, a pair of shorts, barefoot on a beach and I’m happy. ~Yanni
The word barefoot is also featured in many songs.
This is how we celebrate Go Barefoot Day!
Top 10 Barefoot Songs
(by Amazon downloads)
- “Barefoot Blue Jean Night” by by Jake Owen
- “Dancing Barefoot” by Patti Smith Group
- “Barefoot and Buckwild” by Lauren Alaina
- “Barefoot In The Park” by James Blake & ROSALÍA
- “Barefoot And Crazy” by Jack Ingram
- “Barefoot Children” by Jimmy Buffett
- “Dancing Barefoot by U2
- “Barefoot” by TG Kommas feat. Fredo Bang
- “Barefoot Cinderella” by Hannah Montana
- “Barefoot Friend” by Elephant Revival
Barefoot Songs List
My Wedding Songs is a reader-supported website. As an Amazon Associate, we earn revenue from qualifying purchases.
Dancing Barefoot – U2
Barefoot Ballad – Elvis Presley
1964, Kissin’ Cousins Soundtrack
If you wish to celebrate Go Barefoot Day more than just walking around barefoot, or donating your shoes to charity, do so with a glass of Barefoot wine.
If you are really bored on Go Barefoot Day, you can watch the 2014 Romance Comedy Barefoot
If you have a favorite barefoot song not listed above, please comment below so we can add it to the list!
Related articles to read: