Many wedding guests travel near and far to see you get married. Guests could be Aunts and Uncles who live in a faraway state to old college friends that moved offshore. No matter, they are coming to see the bride and groom and share their special day.
One of the memorable gifts for arriving guests are their gift baskets placed in their hotel rooms. Most do not know the area and have their own expectations of the wedding events.
Here are 51 gift basket ideas to make guests comfortable and excited to be attending your wedding!
Wedding Gift Basket Ideas
- Cheese knife with cheese
- Bottles of wine or champagne
- Mini summer sausages
- Regional fudge or saltwater taffy
- Food seasonings and herbs
- Hot chocolate mixes with coffee cups
- Locally brewed bottles of beer
- S’mores kits containing graham crackers, marshmallows, and Hershey’s chocolate candy bars.
- Area farmer’s market products such as jams, honey, and other contained food items.
- Snacks on the go such as Triscuits, Vanilla Wafers, veggie packets, nuts, etc.
- Area cooking adders such as BBQ sauce, meat rub, and seasonings.
- Packaged specialty cookies
- Packaged popcorn
- Bottle of water for each DAY’s stay.
- Lip balm
- Toiletries care package: Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, Q-tips, deodorant, shampoo, etc.
- Playing cards
- Mosquito spray such as Off.
- Small games such as Cribbage, Uno, checkers, etc.
- Beer bottle openers
- Pamper with soap, bath gels, bath salts, and body lotion.
- Put everything inside a pool tote
- Suntan lotion
- Padded hangers for dress clothes
- Throw blanket
- Neck pillow
- Luggage tags
- Beach towel
- Mini sewing kit
- Aches and pains over-the-counter medication like Ibuprofen and Tylenol.
Wedding Day Items
- A map of the local area with points of interest
- Wedding day itinerary
- Wedding weekend’s planned events
- Gender-proof mittens
- Beanie hat or headband or earmuffs
- Novelty socks or fashion socks
- Bottle stoppers
- Drink Cozies
- Scented candles
- Souvenir from the local gift shop that reflects the area
- Postcards with pictures of the area
- Short novel or magazine
- Homemade cookbook with family recipes
- Personalized Do Not Disturb door hangers
- Framed family photos
- Return address labels
- Write a personal note thanking them for attending your wedding
Last but not least, plan to go to the hotel or place where all of your out-of-town guests will be staying and arrange the baskets to be delivered upon arrival. Be sure to have their names on the baskets and room number if known.
Other gift idea articles:
- Premium American Made Wedding Gift Ideas
- Groomsmen Gifts: When Should You Give Them?
- Last-Minute Wedding Favor Ideas For Your Guests