As the mass number of marriage proposals approaches, during the holiday season, it is time to start thinking about up and coming wedding trends for 2017.
What exactly makes a wedding trend? Current wedding trends are parts of a wedding that NOT EVERYONE is doing but rather a selective few – that will potentially catch on and be incorporated into every wedding.
Past wedding trends include mason jars, bride’s white gloves, 20’s wedding theme from the influential movie The Great Gatsby, and English influences from Princess Kate’s wedding and Downtown Abbey.
Here is a list of expected wedding trends of 2017. What will you incorporate into your wedding?
2017 Wedding Trends
1. Family style, intimate dinner parties with long tables and lower arrangements. There will be less big round tables as the tables lack conversation across the wide diameter. Couples want to try and get guests talking and creating their own relationships with people they hardly know and become “part of the family”.
2. Modern Minimalist – Sophisticated, slim down, sleek & modern
3. Bright and whimsical
4. Two looks for the groom, or change up with different tie/jacket. If the bride changes into a cocktail dress for dancing, why can’t the groom change too? He could remove his tuxedo jacket and bow tie for a dress shirt and tie.
5. Suspended decor ie. Edison light bulbs, lanterns, and chandeliers.
6. Regarding electronics – unplugged ceremony so that private moments stay sacred and plugged reception to group share your event.
7. Icebreaker guest games – popular childhood board games like Life, Clue, Monopoly, etc. give wedding guests the chance to get to know each other better.
8. Image mapped rooms with 3D projectors. You can create a winter scene or accent images to match your theme.
9. Farm animals like horses that the couples grew up with – Partner with puppy or cat .org to bring in pets for happy hour.
10. Gifting lounge for guests where guests can assemble their own gift bags.
11. Food/Drink bars beyond cocktail bar – Eg. chi tea stand, or iced coffee bar with flavorings, spices and toppings.
12. 50 shades of blue – lots of different shades of blue incorporated into the wedding
13. His/Hers jackets, Ie. home-made leather biker jackets, aviator jackets, or even personalized sports jackets of your favorite teams.
14. Colorful & pattern wedding dresses. Maybe not to this extreme but just bring in lots of color into the wedding dress.
15. Groom has his own special entrance (on horse) or to own song. How great would it be if the groom walked down the aisle to the Star Wars Theme or Indiana Jones Theme?
16. Eco-chic favors and paper – plants as favors, food as favors like cookie recipes and so much more. It is bout offering favors that people can utilize and also helping the environment. Sending 100% recycled paper invitations set the tone too.
Matt loves listening to any music style he can understand the words. Matt lives in the wedding capital of the world, Las Vegas, with his wife Sharon. His likes include craft beer, baseball and, traveling.