Few years produced more great wedding songs than in 2004. Rascal Flatts, Jim Brickman, and Keith Urban are just a few of the artists that released love songs during the year. Here are some 2004 wedding songs that will help you create a memorable ceremony.
2004 Wedding Songs
Live Like You Were Dying – Tim McGraw
Tim McGraw released this sentimental hit in 2004, and it still receives massive airplay on country radio today. It’s a song that many grooms like to include in their wedding because it reinforces the idea of living each day to its fullest, and couples have also been known to dance to it at their reception.
Bless the Broken Road – Rascal Flatts
This song from Rascal Flatts is one of the group’s most memorable hits, and it could easily land in a list of the top ten wedding songs of all time. It will conjure memories of all the twists and turns your life took on the way to true happiness, and the song reminds you that there are no accidents where true love is concerned.
Beautiful Soul – Jesse McCartney
This song was the first top twenty hit for pop star Jesse McCartney, and it has a strong connection with young people who grew up during the first decade of the new millennium. It is a sweet expression of admiration and devotion that your partner will appreciate.
Somewhere Only We Know – Keane
The alternative rock band Keane topped the UK charts with this hit, and it is a song that can liven up a wedding reception. The song casts a special glow on your wedding day as a moment in time when two individuals are moving forward into a life of endless possibilities.
I Believe in You – Kylie Minogue
All wedding day festivities need good dance music, and this song from Kylie Minogue is sure to inspire merriment among your wedding guests. Even though it is a wedding song made for dancing, there is still a strong sentimentality to the lyrics that celebrate the bond of trust that you and your partner are creating.
‘Til I See You Again – Jim Brickman
The piano compositions of Jim Brickman are always a popular choice on your wedding day, and on this one the pianist teams up with vocalist Mark Schultz. Brickman’s songs are so elegant that couples like to use them in their formal ceremony, most often as parts of the processional or recessional.
You’re Beautiful – James Blunt
British pop star James Blunt delivers soulful vocals on this track that celebrates the inner and outer beauty of a romantic partner. It would be a nice song to play for the bride before she makes her grand entrance, and it can also be used as wedding guests are being seated.
Now I Can Fly – Kimberley Locke
Kimberley Locke only had a few memorable songs in her brief career, but this one lives on as a popular wedding song selection. The song will express to your partner how important they are to your growth and development, and it also resonates with the promise of greater things to come.
Making Memories of Us – Keith Urban
Your wedding is the beginning of beautiful memories that you will make with your partner, and this song from Keith Urban belongs to modern weddings. There is no better song for the first dance with your partner, but some couples also like to make this song a part of the formal ceremony.
Beautiful One – Jeremy Camp
Jeremy Camp’s Christian ode from 2004 is one of those special songs that frame true love in the context of spiritual devotion. It will remind the wedding guests that the new couple has chosen to put God first in their relationship.
Bridge Over Troubled Water – Michael W. Smith
Christian artist Michael W. Smith released his take on this Simon & Garfunkel classic in 2004, and it serves beautifully as a wedding song for devout couples. It can be dedicated from the groom to the bride as a special interlude, and it is also a great song to play before the wedding cake is cut.
Burn for You – TobyMac
TobyMac helped to create the genre of Christian Hip-Hop with songs like this one, and “Burn for You” is a nice wedding song choice for couples that want to use modern melodies with a spiritual message. Use it for that first dance, or you can also play it as you enter the wedding reception and are introduced as man and wife for the first time.
Let Me Love You – Mario
Those born in the 2000s tend to have a love for pop and R&B, so it makes perfect sense that many of these individuals use this song by Mario in their wedding. It has been played before the send-off, and it is also played after the wedding party makes their reception speeches.
I Believe – Fantasia
Fantasia embarked upon her career as an American Idol discovery with this song from 2004, a meaningful ballad that reaffirms the power of faith in the wonders of love and life. The singer has a powerful vocal style, so this one might be best added to the wedding reception song choices.
(Everything I Do) I Do It for You – Kenny G feat. LeeAnn Rimes
LeeAnn Rimes and Kenny G combined their unique musical talents to cover this song written by Bryan Adams and Mutt Lange. This is a song that depicts the groom as the bride’s fairytale hero, so be sure to consider it for that all-important first dance with your true love.
Amazing – George Michael
George Michael was well into his successful solo career when he released this hit, and it is still a favorite of modern wedding couples. The best 2004 wedding song choices have strong lyrics that couples can relate to, and this one can be used to great effect when played before the lighting of the unity candle.
Forever, For Always, For Love – Lalah Hathaway
This song by Luther Vandross was covered in 2004 by jazz artist Lalah Hathaway, and couples will see that it embodies all the strong feelings that accompany a wedding. It’s a ballad that is made for slow dancing, but couples have also found a way to use it as a part of their wedding recessional.
A Love That Will Last – Renee Olstead
Every bride dreams of a love that will last, and that is the theme of this 2004 song by Renee Olstead. It is a song that has powerful lyrics that will complement the emotions of the wedding day, and it also serves as a nice dance tune for those who want to add it to the reception playlist.
Listen to our best 2004 wedding songs playlist on Spotify.
2004 was a great year for wedding songs. Here are a few of our favorites. If you have a 2004 wedding song not on our list, be sure to comment it below. Also, check out our list of wedding songs by year and the best 2000s wedding songs.
Celebrating wedding songs of 2004. Where were you and what was happening?
If you were one of the weddings in 2004…
Congratulations on your wedding of 2004. You share your anniversary with the following events.
Celebrity Weddings of 2004
- Lil Wayne married Antonia Carter
- Nicki Minaj wed Safaree Samuels
- Bob Costas married Jill Sutton
- Jennifer Lopez wed Marc Anthony
- Alice Kim Cage married Nicolas Cage
News Highlights of 2004
- The infamous Super Bowl halftime show controversy occurs when Justin Timberlake rips off a part of Janet Jackson’s outfit revealing her breast.
- The final episode of Friends airs on NBC, drawing an estimated 52 million viewers in North America.
- Lance Armstrong of Austin, Texas wins an unprecedented 6th consecutive Tour de France cycling title.
- A jury finds Scott Peterson guilty of the murder of his wife Laci and unborn son Conner.
- Ken Jennings’ 75-game reign as Jeopardy! champion and wins over $2.5 million.
- One of the worst natural disasters in recorded history hits Southeast Asia when a massive 9.3 magnitude earthquake generates enormous tsunami waves that crash into the coastal areas of a number of nations including Thailand, India, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, Malaysia, Myanmar, Bangladesh, and Indonesia.
2004 Sports Champions:
- The Boston Red Sox win the World Series over St. Louis Cardinals.
- Super Bowl XXXVIII – New England Patriots 32, Carolina Panthers 29.
- The Detroit Pistons win the NBA Title defeating Los Angeles Lakers.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning win the Stanley Cup defeated Los Angeles Lakers.
Music Highlights of 2004
- Grammy’s Song of 2004: Dance With My Father – Luther Vandross
- John Mayer – Daughters
- U2 – Vertigo
- Hoobastank – The Reason
- Maroon 5 – This Love
- Usher – Yeah
- Jojo – Leave (Get Out)
- Maroon 5 – She Will Be Loved
- Ashlee Simpson – Pieces Of Me
- Jessica Simpson – With You
- Outkast – The Way You Move
- Evanescence – My Immortal
- Avril Lavigne – My Happy Ending
- Usher & Alicia Keys – My Boo
- Usher – Burn
- Britney Spears – Toxic
- Alicia Keyes – If I Ain’t Got You
- Kelly Clarkson – Breakaway
- Switchfoot – Dare You To Move
- Nelly With Tim McGraw – Over And Over
- Black Eyed Peas – Let’s Get Is Started
- Sheryl Crow – The First Cut Is The Deepest
- Christina Aguilera – The Voice Within
- Kelis – Milkshake
- Snoop Doggy Dogg – Drop It Like It’s Hot
- Good Charlotte – Hold On
Entertainment Highlights of 2004
- Best Picture: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King: Barrie M. Osborne, Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh
- Best Actor: Sean Penn – Mystic River
- Best Actress: Charlize Theron – Monster
Top Television Shows:
- C.S.I., Survivor, American Idol, 24, Deal Or No Deal, Lost, Dancing With The Stars, House, Desperate Housewives, Grey’s Anatomy, Prison Break
Learn more about 2004 on Wikipedia. Thank you for visiting our page – weddings of 2004.