2003 was an amazing year for love ballads that can be used in modern wedding ceremonies. Stars like Josh Groban, Celine Dion, and Trace Adkins produced a selection of sentimental tunes that make up the best 2003 wedding songs.
2003 Wedding Songs
This Is the Night- Clay Aiken
Despite being a runner-up on American Idol, Clay Aiken’s career still managed to exceed that of many other contestants thanks to songs like this one. It’s a ballad that stresses the magic of a single moment in time, and that is just the kind of song that belongs on your wedding playlist.
Going Under – Evanescence
There is no denying that Amy Lee and Evanescence created one of the most haunting sounds of the 2000s, and this song is used by young couples who crave something different for their wedding music. It can be used as a part of the wedding processional, but most will probably want to save it for reception dances.
Love’s Divine – Seal
Seal managed to deliver one of the most popular wedding songs of the decade with this 2003 hit. The lyrics are a pure expression of the emotions which guide lovers on your wedding day, and Seal’s emotional vocals often inspire brides to make the song a part of the formal ceremony.
Lost Without You – Delta Goodrem
This song was a one-off hit for songstress Delta Goodrem, but it is worth using in your wedding if you want a poignant tune that creates a lot of feels. It is a song that states how empty your life would be without the partner you will wed, and it is mellow enough to be played as your wedding guests are being seated.
Stand by Your Side – Celine Dion
Couples can’t go wrong when they choose a Celine Dion tune for their wedding, and this one is very attuned to the significance of the wedding vows. The song is so powerful that many brides have chosen to walk down the aisle as it plays in the background, but it also works as an interlude to add beauty to the ceremony.
The Love Song – Jeff Bates
This song from Jeff Bates’ album Rainbow Man lit up the charts in 2003, and it remains popular today among newlyweds. The song is most often reserved for that special first dance between the bride and groom, but it can also be played before couples cut the wedding cake or light their unity candle.
What A Beautiful Day – Chris Cagle
Chris Cagle managed to capture the entire spectrum of romantic emotions with this Country hit, and it speaks to couples that have a special reverence for their wedding day. Ask your DJ to spin this at the reception, or you can also use it to create a beautiful, non-traditional wedding recessional.
What the World Needs – Wynonna Judd
This single from country-pop superstar Wynonna Judd transcends the simple message of many romantic ballads, and it serves to connect couples to their community of family and friends. It is a wedding song that should be shared with everyone, so let everyone dance to it at the party following your nuptials.
I Believe in a Thing Called Love – The Darkness
Some younger couples want a touch of Emo music at their wedding, and this song from The Darkness will serve them well. The song can be used for a first dance, and the lyrics also make it suitable as a background for the send-off or celebratory toasts from the wedding party.
Until the Day I Die – Story of the Year
This song from the rock band Story of the Year may be a little bit on the harder side, but it still gets chosen often for wedding receptions. The tune has a strong dance vibe that all can enjoy, and the lyrics won’t be lost on a couple that is truly in love for a lifetime.
You Are So Good to Me – Third Day
Third Day is a contemporary Christian group that finds appeal with faith-based couples who have strong ties to church and family, and this was one of their biggest hits. This song helps to establish the connection between the love of newlyweds for one another and the love of God for all of humanity.
You Get Me – ZOEgirl
ZOEgirl was a Christian pop duo that combined the musical talents of Chrissy Conway-Katina, Alisa Childers, and Kristin Swinford-Schweain. This song lets everyone know that the two people saying their vows are meant for one another, and it adds a wholesome touch to the reception playlist.
Show You Love – Jars of Clay
Jars of Clay expressed a dual meaning in this song of faith from 2003, a hit that newlyweds like to share with their wedding guests as an expression of spiritual devotion. It should be played following the speeches given by the bridal party at the reception, or it can be used as guests exit the wedding chapel.
Daughters – John Mayer
John Mayer included this song on his album Heavier Things, and it just might be the all-time favorite wedding song for father-daughter dances. This song says all the things that a dad might find it hard to say to his daughter on your wedding day, and it balances a father’s protective nature with hopes for the bride’s happiness.
When God Made You – Newsong
Newsong was one of the most popular Christian musical acts of the 2000s, and this single from the group usually gets a place of honor in the wedding ceremonies of spiritual couples. Those who are inclined to celebrate marriage as an act of religious faith will certainly want to make this song a part of the wedding vows.
You Raise Me Up – Josh Groban
Josh Groban’s smash hit from 2003 is everything a good wedding song should be, and it should not come as a surprise that this song has accompanied many brides down the aisle. The purity of the lyrics and Groban’s distinctive vocal stylings are sure to tap into the emotions of your special day.
In My Daughter’s Eyes – Martina McBride
Martina McBride created a nice song for fathers and daughters to dance to at the wedding reception, and the song can also be used in the actual ceremony. This song has hope as a central theme, and it conveys the wishes of every parent that their daughter will enjoy an amazing love with her spouse.
Then They Do – Trace Adkins
The easy-going vocal style of country star Trace Adkins is on full display in this song from 2003, and couples will find that it is the perfect soundtrack for a parents’ dance. Adkins delivers sentimental lyrics that you and your parents will remember as you the years growing up as a mother-son dance too.
Listen to our best 2003 wedding songs playlist on Spotify.
There you have it. Our list of 2003 wedding songs. Have a song that should be on our list? Be sure to comment on it below. Also, check out our list of wedding songs by year and the best 2000s wedding songs.
Celebrating wedding songs of 2003. Where were you and what was happening?
If you were one of the weddings in 2003…
Congratulations on your wedding of 2003. You share your anniversary with the following events.
Celebrity Weddings of 2003
- Chris Martin wed Paltrow
- Blake Shelton married Kaynette Williams
- Adam Sandler wed Jacqueline Titone
- Stephanie McMahon married Paul “Triple H” Levesque
- Leigh Francis wed Jill Carter
News Highlights of 2003
- Space Shuttle Columbia disintegrates over Texas upon reentry.
- The WHO issues a global alert on SARS.
- Land troops from the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and Poland invade Iraq.
- Martha Stewart and her broker are indicted for using privileged investment information and then obstructing a federal investigation.
- In California, voters recall Governor Gray Davis from office and elect actor Arnold Schwarzenegger to succeed him.
- Saddam Hussein, former President of Iraq, is captured in Tikrit by the U.S. 4th Infantry Division
2003 Sports Champions:
- The Florida Marlins win the World Series over the New York Yankees.
- Super Bowl XXXVII – Tampa Bay Buccaneers win 48-21 over the Oakland Raiders.
- The San Antonio Spurs win the NBA Title defeating the New Jersey Nets.
- The New Jersey Devils win the Stanley Cup over the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.
Music Highlights of 2003
- Grammy’s Song of 2003: Don’t Know Why – Norah Jones
- Good Charlotte – Girls & Boys
- Staind – So Far Away
- Ginuwine – Hell Yeah
- Michelle Branch – Breathe
- Chingy – Right Thurr
- Nelly – Air Force Ones
- Celine Dion – I Drove All Night
- Counting Crows – Big Yellow Taxi
- Beyonce – Crazy In Love
- Outcast – Hey Ya!
- 3 Doors Down – Here Without You
- Kelly Clarkson – Miss Independent
- Christina Aguilera – Beautiful
- Justin Timberlake – Rock Your Body
- Black Eyed Peas – Where Is The Love?
- 3 Doors Down – When I’m Gone
- Jennifer Lopez – All I Have
- Nelly – Shake Ya Tailfeather
- Kid Rock & Sheryl Crow – Picture
- 50 Cent – In Da Club
- Evanescence – Bring Me To Life
- Justin Timberlake – Cry Me A River
- Christina Aguilera – Can’t Hold Us Down
- Maroon 5 – Harder To Breathe
- Nickelback – Someday
- John Mayer – You’re Body Is A Wonderland
- Chicks – Landslide
- Fountains Of Wayne – Stacy’s Mom
- Sean Paul – Get Busy
- Simple Plan – Perfect
- Ja Rule – Mesmerize
- R Kelly – Ignition
- Uncle Kracker – Drift Away
- Dido – White Flag
- Aaliyah – Miss You
- Nivea – Don’t Mess With My Man
- Puddle Of Mudd – She Hates Me
Entertainment Highlights of 2003
- Best Picture: Chicago: Martin Richards
- Best Actor: Adrien Brody – The Pianist
- Best Actress: Nicole Kidman – The Hours
Top Television Shows:
- C.S.I., American Idol, Survivor, Alias, 24, The Gilmore Girls, Everybody Loves Raymond, Nip/Tuck
Learn more about 2003 on Wikipedia. Thank you for visiting our page – weddings of 2003.