2002 was a year that supplied a wide range of wedding song choices. From the pop songs of Celine Dion and Michael Bolton to the Christian-themed worship music of Lincoln Brewster, there is something for everyone in this list of 2002 wedding songs.
2002 Wedding Songs
Like I Love You – Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake has become one of the top music superstars of the modern era, and this song from 2002 can provide a strong dance groove for your wedding reception. It also has meaningful lyrics that capture the essence of one-of-a-kind love.
A Moment Like This – Kelly Clarkson
Kelly Clarkson became the most successful winner of American Idol thanks to songs like this one, a tune that is perfect for modern weddings. You may choose it as the first dance for you and your new spouse, but some couples also like to use it before cutting the wedding cake.
If You’re Not the One – Daniel Bedingfield
This song was the third single from the debut album of British superstar Daniel Bedingfield, a garage-pop tune that should be added to wedding reception playlists. It resonates with the feeling that no other person could make you feel the way your partner does, and some grooms like to sing it to their bride on your wedding day.
If Tomorrow Never Comes – Ronan Keating
Ronan Keating took this song from country legend Garth Brooks and made it his own in 2002. The Irish vocalist dials in the lyrics in a powerful way that is sure to create special feels at your wedding, and you might want to consider this as part of a non-traditional processional.
Only a Woman Like You – Michael Bolton
Michael Bolton is always a good choice on your wedding day, and this song showcases Bolton’s emotional delivery of song lyrics. Weddings should be focused on the bride, and using this song as she makes her way down the aisle is a nice way to modernize your vows in a way that is memorable.
A New Day Has Come – Celine Dion
Celine Dion is such a popular wedding choice because she can use her voice to make people believe in the transformative power of true love. This Dion song is full of imagery that supports a wedding as a life-changing moment, and you should think about using it in the formal ceremony.
Somebody Like You – Keith Urban
Keith Urban is one of those artists that legitimately changed the sound of country music, and this upbeat tune works well as a wedding dance tune. You can use it for the first dance with your partner, but it has also been used to follow the wedding toasts from your bridal party.
‘Til Nothing Comes Between Us – John Michael Montgomery
A wedding is the realization of a couple’s dreams, and that type of fulfillment is what John Michael Montgomery sang about in this song. Use it in the ceremony to remind you that today there is nothing else that will come between you and the one you have chosen to love forever.
Strong Enough to Be Your Man – Travis Tritt
Some grooms like to have a special wedding song just for their bride, and this country tune from Travis Tritt is chosen often. Popular music can often help a man say things to his bride that he cannot find the words to express, so add this one to the reception tunes especially for her.
You Know That I Love You – Donell Jones
Donell Jones lays down a strong groove in this R&B song from 2002, so it’s probably a song that you will want to use for dancing at the party which follows your wedding. It is always a plus when you can find reception music that combines a dance vibe with meaningful lyrics.
Somewhere Out There – Our Lady Peace
This song by Our Lady Peace was nominated for a Juno Award for Single of the Year, and it serves the purpose of a wedding song thanks to its lyrics. The song speaks of finding that special someone that makes you complete, and it is a perfect alternative recessional as couples make their way out of the wedding chapel.
You Are My All in All – Nichole Nordeman
Nichole Nordeman is just one of many contemporary Christian artists that have recorded this spiritual song, but Nordeman’s version is one of those most often chosen for weddings. There is a dual meaning to this song, one which combines devotion to God and the commitment of partners to one another.
To Ever Live Without Me – Jody McBrayer
Jody McBrayer infused this Christian song with an emotional vocal, one that will honor your faith in God when you use the song in your wedding. It is a song that should be chosen by couples who have strong ties to their faith, and it typically is played before the lighting of the unity candle.
Every Moment – Joy Williams
“Every Moment” by Joy Williams has become a staple of wedding ceremonies for couples who want to preserve the religious overtones of the day. Marriage is meant to be a reflection of the love of God for mankind, and this song will remind couples to cherish each day as an opportunity to love one another to the fullest.
Someone to Love You – Ruff Endz
Ruff Endz was an R&B duo from the 2000s with only a few hits to their credit, and this was arguably the biggest. It can be used in the wedding reception, and the song has a way of getting everyone up on their feet to dance alongside the happy couple.
All I Really Want – Lincoln Brewster
Lincoln Brewster released this pop Christian tune in 2002, and it is still used in wedding ceremonies today by newlyweds who feel strongly about marriage being a spiritual experience. It is a song that should be used in portions of the wedding ceremony that couples share such as an interlude or moment of quiet reflection.
Breathe – Rebecca St. James
Once the wedding vows have been said, you might want to consider this song from Rebecca St. James as a soft and meaningful processional. It will let everyone in attendance know that you and your spouse are choosing to honor God with your marriage commitment.
Listen to our best 2002 wedding songs playlist on Spotify.
We hope you enjoyed our unique list of 2000 wedding songs. Have a song that should be on our list? Be sure to comment it below. Also, check out our list of wedding songs by year and the best 2000s wedding songs.
Celebrating wedding songs of 2002. Where were you and what was happening?
If you were one of the weddings in 2002…
Congratulations on your wedding of 2002. You share your anniversary with the following events.
Celebrity Weddings of 2002
- Jamie White wed Tom Welling
- Eric Clapton married Melia McEnery
- Freddie Prinze, Jr. married Sarah Michelle Gellar
- Criss Angel wed Joann Sarantakos
- Jessica Simpson married Nick Lachey
News Highlights of 2002
- The Winter Olympics are held in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Spider-Man is the first film to open $100+ million on the first weekend in theatres.
- U.S. invasion of Afghanistan, Operation Anaconda begins.
- Telecommunications giant WorldCom files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
- U.S. President George W. Bush signs the Homeland Security Act into law, establishing the Department of Homeland Security.
2002 Sports Champions:
- The Anaheim Angels win the World Series over the San Francisco Giants.
- Super Bowl XXXVI – New England Patriots win 20-17 over the St. Louis Rams.
- The Los Angeles Lakers win the NBA title by sweeping the New Jersey Nets.
- The Detroit Red Wings win the Stanley Cup by defeating the Carolina Hurricanes.
Music Highlights of 2002
- Grammy’s Song of 2002: Fallin’ – Alicia Keys
- Ludacris – Roll Out
- Mary J Blige – No More Drama
- Fat Joe – What’s Luv?
- Paul Oakenfold – Starry Eyed Suprise
- Dave Matthews Band – Where Are You Going
- Paulina Rubio – Don’t Say Goodbye
- Sheryl Crow – Steve McQueen
- Vanessa Carlton – A Thousand Miles
- P!nk – Get The Party Started
- Avril Lavigne – Complicated
- Nelly With Kelly Rowland – Complicated
- Linkin Park – In The End
- Jennifer Lopez – Ain’t It Funny
- Usher – U Got It, Bad
- Michelle Branch – All You Wanted
- P!nk – Don’t Let Me Get Me
- Nelly – Hot In Herre
- No Doubt – Hey Baby
- Kylie Minogue – Can’t Get You Out Of My Head
- Eminem – Lose Yourself
- Jimmy Eat World – The Middle
- Santana And Michelle Branch – The Game Of Love
- Justin Timberlake – Like I Love You
- ‘N Sync – Girlfriend
- The Calling – Wherever You Will Go
- Creed – My Sacrifice
- Vanessa Carlton – Ordinary Day
- Puddle Of Mudd – Blurry
- Dirty Vegas – Days Go By
- Ashanti – Foolish
- Enrique Iglesias – Escape
- LeAnn Rimes – Can’t Fight The Moonlight
- No Doubt – Hella Good
- DJ Sammy – Heaven
- Shakira – Whenever, Wherever
- Craig David – 7 Days
- Avril Lavigne – Sk8er Boi
- Ja Rule – Always On Time
- Ja Rule – Livin’ It Up
- Mario – Just A Friend 2002
Entertainment Highlights of 2002
- Best Picture: A Beautiful Mind: Brian Grazer, Ron Howard
- Best Actress: Denzel Washington – Training Day
- Best Actor: Halle Berry – Monster’s Ball
Top Television Shows:
- 24, C.S.I., Alias, Friends, The Sopranos, Everybody Loves Raymond, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Survivor, American Idol, The Gilmore Girls
Learn more about 2002 on Wikipedia. Thank you for visiting our page – weddings of 2002.