The year 2000 issued in a brand new decade of eclectic sounds from the likes of Creed, Lee Ann Womack, and Vince Gill. From slow dance tunes to emotional processionals, these 2000s wedding songs are sure to lend an emotional vibe to your wedding day. Enjoy our list of 2000 wedding songs with a variety of genres.
2000 Wedding Songs
My Wedding Songs is a reader-supported website. As an Amazon Associate, we earn revenue from qualifying purchases.
I Hope You Dance – Lee Ann Womack
Lee Ann Womack’s hit from 2000 is a song that expresses the heartfelt wishes of a parent for their child. For this reason, it has often been used for a father/daughter dance at the wedding reception, but it can also be used as a soundtrack for the send-off and cutting of the cake.
Let’s Get Married – Jagged Edge
Jagged Edge produced this song in 2000 specifically for use in wedding ceremonies, and it has even been served up in a remix that was produced for receptions. It has a modern appeal that today’s newlyweds love, and it also incorporates the meaningful lyrics that are so important on your wedding day.
The Best Day – George Strait
There is a sweet sentimentality to this country hit from George Strait that has made it a popular choice for wedding couples. It’s a song that many grooms like to share with their own father as a special dedication, but it has also been used by brides for a dance with dad.
Fly on the Wings of Love – The Olsen Brothers
The Olsen Brothers of Denmark used this song when they competed in the Eurovision song contest, and they went on to win the competition with the combination of a pleasant beat and lyrics that hold a true romantic substance. It can be used as a wedding reception dance tune, but some couples also find a way to include it in the actual ceremony.
By Your Side – Sade
The voice of Sade is one that perfectly suits wedding song selections, and this hit from her later career is often used as an interlude for many parts of modern wedding celebrations. It makes a great choice if you and your spouse want something playing in the background as you light the unity candle.
Feels Like Love – Vince Gill
Those who like the sounds of modern country music often turn to this song by Vince Gill as a wedding playlist choice. Like so many of Gill’s songs, it has a powerful lyrical message that is rendered even sweeter with the singer’s high-pitched vocals.
Stuck in Love – The Judds
The Judds made one last stand in 2000 with this emotional love ballad, a song that draws upon simple imagery to deliver a powerful affirmation of commitment. Brides will find that this song is a nice alternative to traditional wedding processionals, and it can also be played as the guests are being seated before the ceremony.
Only Know I Do – Adam Gregory
Adam Gregory punctuated his songs from the 2000 decade with a virtuous aura that modern wedding couples appreciate, and this one is a straightforward declaration of everlasting love. It should be saved as a special song for the bride, and some grooms even choose to sing it for their new spouse at the wedding.
Imagine Me Without You – Jaci Velasquez
Spiritual songs like this one from contemporary Christian songstress Jaci Velasquez are very popular with couples that want to preserve religious themes in their wedding. It serves the dual purpose of expressing both devotion to God and commitment to one’s partner.
Psalm 91 – Lincoln Brewster
Some of the most beautiful wedding songs are those which are taken directly from the Bible, and this one from Lincoln Brewster is a spiritual celebration of faith and devotion. It has a modern sound that is easily applied to the wedding processional, and some couples also use it to close the ceremony.
I think I’m in Love with You – Jessica Simpson
You might not think of Jessica Simpson as a singer that specializes in wedding music, but younger married couples often include this hit from 2000 in their wedding reception playlist. It’s definitely a dance tune, and it might be a great choice for that first dance with your new spouse.
With Arms Wide Open – Creed
Scott Stapp and Mark Tremonti led the group Creed to mainstream music success with songs like this one from 2000. A hallmark of this band was their subtle references to religious themes, and that makes the song applicable to weddings on multiple levels.
Again – Lenny Kravitz
Lenny Kravitz won a Grammy for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance with this love song, a nice change of pace if you want something different for your wedding ceremony. It should probably be saved for reception dances, but some couples have also used it as the send-off song when the celebration comes to an end.
My Love – Westlife
This song from Irish boy band Westlife still makes its way into many modern wedding ceremonies, primarily because of its lyrics and smooth harmonies. The way that it is most often used is for reception dancing, but some newlyweds have found a way to include it in the more formal portions of their wedding.
Be with You – Enrique Iglesias
Enrique Iglesias became one of the most popular musical artists of the 2000s thanks to hits like this, and his soulful vocals are a favorite of modern wedding couples. Try making this the soundtrack for the first dance with your spouse, or you can also use it as an alternative recessional as you leave the wedding chapel.
On a Night Like This – Kylie Minogue
Australian superstar Kylie Minogue gave this song from 2000 her best vocals, and brides love how it conveys the simple message of everlasting love. It’s one of those songs that reflects the special nature of your wedding day, and using it will contribute to the pleasant memories that you are trying to create.
I Wanna Be With You – Mandy Moore
Younger couples often prefer the songs they grew up with for their wedding ceremonies, and this hit from Mandy Moore received a lot of play in 2000. Like many songs of the era, it has a great dance vibe that will be right at home on your wedding reception playlist.
Shape of My Heart – Backstreet Boys
Your wedding reception will evoke all the memories of 2000 when you choose this song from the Backstreet Boys as a dance number. Despite its pop feel, the song retains a lyrical honesty that is appreciated as you and your spouse embark upon a new life together.
Give Me Just One Night (Una Noche) – 98 Degrees
This song by 98 Degrees has a Latin feel to it that encourages dancing at the wedding reception, and it also resonates with a message of commitment. Your wedding guests will get the message here, one that affirms your wedding night as the most important one of your life.
We’re not offering a stereotypical list of popular wedding songs. Instead, we hope you enjoyed our eclectic list of 2000 wedding songs. Have a song that should be on our list? Be sure to comment on it below. Also, check out our list of wedding songs by year and the best 2000s wedding songs.
Celebrating wedding songs of 2000. Where were you and what was happening?
If you were one of the weddings in 2000…
Congratulations on your wedding of 2000. You share your anniversary with the following events.
Celebrity Weddings of 2000
- Brad Pitt married Jennifer Aniston
- Jon Stewart married Tracey Lynn McShane
- Kim Kardashian married Damon Thomas
- Troy Aikman married Rhonda Worthey
- Christian Bale married Sibi Blazic
News Highlights of 2000
- Y2K passes without serious, widespread computer failures, as many experts and businesses had feared.
- United States v. Microsoft: Microsoft is ruled to have violated United States antitrust laws by keeping “an oppressive thumb” on its competitors.
- 2000 World Series, the first Subway Series matchup between the two crosstown rivals.
- In the United States presidential election, Republican candidate Texas Governor George W. Bush defeats Democratic Vice President Al Gore in the closest election in history.
2000 Sports Champions:
- The New York Yankees win the World Series over the New York Mets.
- Super Bowl XXXIV – Saint Louis Rams win 23-16 over the Tennessee Titans.
- The Los Angeles Lakers win the NBA Title defeating the Indiana Pacers.
- The New Jersey Devils win the Stanley Cup over the Dallas Stars.
Music Highlights of 2000
- Grammy’s Song of 2000: Smooth – Santana With Rob Thomas
- Filter – Take A Picture
- Kid Rock – Only God Knows Why
- Train – Meet Virginia
- DMX – Party Up (Up In Here)
- Chad Brock – Yes!
- George Strait – The Best Day
- Toby Keith – How Do You Like Me Now?
- Debelah Morgan – Dance With ME
- Tim McGraw – My Best Friend
- Lee Ann Womack – I Hope You Dance
- Alice Deejay – Better Off Alone
- Chicks – Cowboy Take Me Away
- Destiny’s Child – Independent Woman (Part I)
- Mary Mary – Shackles (Praise You)
- Jennifer Lopez – Waiting For Tonight
- Faith Hill – Breathe
- Santana – Smooth
- Joe – I Wanna Know
- Vertical Horizon – Everything You Want
- Santana – Maria Maria
- Matchbox 20 – Bent
- Lonestar – Amazed
- Savage Garden – I Knew I Loved You
- Creed – Higher
- Aaliyah – Try Again
- Pink – There You Go
- Sisqo – Thong Song
- 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite
- Destiny’s Child – Jumpin Jumpin
- Christina Aguilera – What A Girl Wants
- Madonna – Music
- ‘N Sync – Bye Bye Bye
- Marc Anthony – You Sang To Me
- Macy Gray – I Try
- Nelly – Country Grammer
- Blaque – Bring It All To Me
- Missy Elliott – Hot Boyz
- BB Mak – Back Here
- Sonique – It Feels So Good
- Creed – With Arms Wide Open
- Christina Aguilera – Com Over Baby
- Blink 182 – All The Small Things
- Jagged Edge – Let’s Get Married
- Eiffel 65 – Blue (Da Ba Dee)
- Eminem – The Real Slim Shady
- Next – Wifey
- Everclear – Wonderful
- Britney Spears – Oops, I Did It Again
Entertainment Highlights of 2000
- Best Picture: American Beauty: Bruce Cohen, Dan Jinks
- Best Actor: Kevin Spacey – American Beauty
- Best Actress: Hilary Swank – Boys Don’t Cry
Top Television Shows:
- Survivor, ER, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?, Friends, Monday Night Football, Law And Order, Everybody Loves Raymond, The Practice, C.S.I., The West Wing
Learn more about 2000 on Wikipedia. Thank you for visiting our page – weddings of 2000.