1993 supplied a variety of suitable wedding songs from the likes of Rod Stewart, Mariah Carey, and Michael Bolton. There is something for everyone on this list of 1993 wedding songs, and all are perfect for processionals, receptions, and first dances.
Best Wedding Songs of 1993
Can’t Help Falling in Love – UB40
UB40 had a massive hit with the cover of this Elvis Presley classic. Elvis routinely used it to close his live concerts, and you can use it for your wedding processional as the wedding party takes their places at the altar to await the bride.
The Power of Love – Celine Dion
“The Power of Love” remains one of Celine Dion‘s most enduring hits, and it is chosen by many brides as a special dedication to their partner. It has been played just before the bride enters the chapel, and it has also been used for first dances.
The Day I Fall In Love – James Ingram
James Ingram teamed up with Dolly Parton to produce this soulful romantic ballad. Couples love this song because it is all about special moments like the one that you will be celebrating when you add it to your wedding playlist.
Said I Love You…But I Lied – Michael Bolton
Michael Bolton became an international superstar thanks to 90s hits like this one, a song that expresses one’s inability to define the boundless nature of love. It is most often used in weddings as the song that new couples choose for a first dance.
All for Love – Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart, and Sting
The iconic voices of Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart, and Sting make this memorable song from The Three Musketeers soundtrack a wedding day classic. It’s a song that resonates with companionship and devotion, and many couples use it to exit the wedding ceremony.
Dreamlover – Mariah Carey
There are few voices stronger than the one belonging to Mariah Carey, and she’s at her very best on this 1993 classic. It works best for weddings when your DJ spins it at the reception, but it can also be used prior to cutting the wedding cake to create a fun mood.
That’s the Way Love Goes – Janet Jackson
“That’s the Way Love Goes” by Janet Jackson is a hypnotic love song that can create a special vibe for your wedding reception. It can be used as a first dance or saved for the final dance of the night as you and your spouse prepare to embark on your honeymoon.
Heaven Knows – Luther Vandross
Luther Vandross was known for his amazing voice as well as songs that speak right to the heart. The simple lyrics of this 1993 hit are a perfect fit for those moments before the wedding processional when your guests are being seated.
Thank God for You – Sawyer Brown
Couples that want to include some country music in their wedding festivities often choose this lively number by Sawyer Brown. Many line dances at wedding receptions have been done while this song was playing in the background.
Born to Love You – Mark Collie
Mark Collie’s “Born to Love You” is often selected by grooms as a special song for their beautiful bride. To impress her even more, have your DJ spin the karaoke track of the song while you sing it just for her.
Love Divine – Phil Keaggy
Contemporary Christian artist Phil Keaggy released his version of this traditional Catholic wedding song in 1993 as an alternative for modern couples. The song expresses what it means to be united with one in faith on your wedding day, and it is a standard selection of Catholic wedding ceremonies.
I’m Committed to You – Steve Camp
1993, Taking Heaven By Storm
Commitment to one another sums up the sacred bond of marriage, and this song by Steve Camp was written to convey that sentiment. It is most often used after the bride and groom have met at the altar before the wedding vows are recited.
Can’t Get Enough of Your Love – Taylor Dayne
Taylor Dayne did a respectable job on her cover of this Barry White classic, a song that wedding couples have danced to for many years. It’s a song that you should save for everyone to enjoy as you party until the wee hours on our wedding day.
Have I Told You Lately – Rod Stewart
Every wedding ceremony needs that one special song that has the ability to take everyone’s breath away. This one by Rod Stewart was meant to be used on your wedding day, and many couples like to make it a formal part of the ceremony.
Fields of Gold – Sting
Sting released this 1993 song as a part of his impressive solo career after leaving The Police. It’s a majestic song, as so many of Sting’s compositions are, and it is sometimes used by couples as a prelude while the wedding guests are being seated.
I Feel You – Depeche Mode
Depeche Mode might not be a band that you automatically associate with wedding songs, but this one has made its way into many wedding receptions with a nostalgic theme. This is definitely a song made for dancing so you’ll want to make sure your DJ has it on the playlist.
Holdin’ Heaven – Tracy Byrd
Tracy Byrd’s 1993 country hit is the perfect song to enjoy with your new spouse on the dance floor. It reflects all of the wonderful emotions that you will experience on your wedding day, and it says so many things that you may find it hard to express.
My Baby Loves Me – Martina McBride
Every wedding party needs some lively music that helps everyone celebrate, and this song by Martina McBride is a two-step delight. Let everyone know that he loves you just the way that you are when you join him on the dance floor for this country tune.
Fortune Smiled On Me – Cassandra Vasik
A bride knows that the stars aligned on her wedding day, and this song by Cassandra Vasik conveys a sense of gratitude for the blessing of marriage. It can be used in many contexts on your wedding day, from a unity candle interlude to a special father and daughter dance.
Listen to our best 1993 wedding songs playlist on Spotify.
I hope you liked our list of 1993 wedding songs. If you have a song that should be on the list, be sure to comment on it below. Also, check out our list of the best 1990s wedding songs.
Celebrating weddings of 1993. Where were you and what was happening?
If you were one of the weddings in 1993…
Congratulations on your wedding songs of 1993. You share your anniversary with the following events.
Celebrity Weddings of 1993
- Robin Meade married Tim Yeager
- Jack Wagner wed Wagner
- Eddie Fisher married Betty Lin
- Luke Perry wed Minnie Sharp
- Nikki Butler married Tim Roth
News Highlights of 1993
- For the first time, Martin Luther King Day is officially observed in all 50 U.S. states.
- World Trade Center bombing: In New York City, a van bomb parked below the North Tower of the World Trade Center blows up.
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agents raid the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas, with a warrant to arrest leader David Koresh on federal firearms violations.
- The Great Blizzard of 1993 strikes the eastern U.S., bringing record snowfall and other severe weather.
- The World Wide Web is born at CERN.
- Late Night with Conan O’Brien premieres on NBC.
1993 Sports Champions:
- The Toronto Blue Jays win the World Series over the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Super Bowl XXVII – Dallas Cowboys won 52-17 over the Buffalo Bills.
- The Chicago Bulls win the NBA Title over the Phoenix Suns.
- The Montreal Canadiens win the Stanley Cup over the Los Angeles Kings.
Music Highlights of 1993
- Grammy’s Song of 1993: Tears In Heaven – Eric Clapton
- Mary J Blige – Real Love
- Ugly Kid Joe – Cat’s In The Cradle
- Zhane – Hey Mr. DJ
- Cypress Hill – Insane In The Brain
- Inner Circle – Bad Boys
- Janet Jackson – That’s The Way Love Goes
- Restless Heart – When She Cries
- Whitney Houston – I Will Always Love You
- Tag Team – Whoomp! There It Is
- UB40 – Can’t Help Falling In Love
- Silk – Freak
- SWV – Weak
- Shai – If I Ever Fall In Love
- Mariah Carey – Dreamlover
- Wreckx-N-Effect – Rump Shaker
- Snow – Informer
- Dr. Dre – Nuthin’ But A G Thang
- Boyz II Men – In The Still Of The Night
- Jade – Don’t Walk Away
- Robin S – Show Me Love
- Souls Asylum – Runaway Train
- Paperboy – Ditty
- Snap – Rhythm Is A Dancer
- Proclaimers – I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)
- Spin Doctors – Two Princes
- Meat Loaf – I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)
- Whitney Houston – I Have Nothing
- 4 Non-Blondes – What’s Up
- Ace Of Base – All That She Wants
- Billy Joel – The River Of Dreams
Entertainment Highlights of 1993
- Best Picture: Unforgiven: Clint Eastwood
- Best Actor: Al Pacino – Scent of a Woman
- Best Actress: Emma Thompson – Howards End
Top Television Shows:
- 60 Minutes, Home Improvement, Seinfeld, Coach, Grace Under Fire, Roseanne, Frasier, Monday Night Football, Murphy Brown, Murder, She Wrote
Learn more about 1993 on Wikipedia. Thank you for visiting our page – weddings of 1993.