Today’s bride wants her wedding like no other wedding. For that matter, who would? You would want your wedding to show your love for each other and also show your own personality. Here are 15 ways to personalize your wedding reception.
Personalize Your Wedding Reception
- Love watching movies together as a “date night”? Consider having a vintage popcorn maker to serve kettle corn popcorn.
- For the eco-friendly bride, consider sapling wedding favors. Guests can plant them and think of you season after season.
- Create a wedding photo table of other family member’s wedding pictures. You can also include friends’ wedding pictures. A great touch would be to have vintage picture frames holding wedding pictures of your family members that have passed – like great-great-grandparents.
- Have guests sign a unique guest book.
- It is said that every bride gets her wedding cake. Grooms can also have their custom groom cake. Who’s to say the bride cannot have her personal cake too? Just make sure the wedding cake is not very big if 3 custom cakes are ordered.
- I love the idea of having a kids’ area at the wedding reception. Cover the table in a rolled paper for coloring with markers and crayons. Be sure to include the Bride and Groom’s favorite childhood toys like Matchbox cars, board games, Legos, stuffed animals, and whatever else is a favorite.
- At one time it was quite popular to call radio stations and make song dedications. So it can be done at the wedding reception. You can make pre-determined song dedications for special guests or family members. Be sure to speak with the music entertainment as to the most appropriate time to play the dedications as to not interrupt the flow of the night.
- The number one easiest way to personalize your wedding reception is though the wedding favors. Love camping, offer smores kits. Love music, offer custom flash drives with your digital wedding music. Love to bake, offer homemade cookie kits. Have a green thumb, offer to take home succulents. Your options are endless.
- Having a late-night reception? Consider bringing in an after-party snack. Customize your style of event. Options include sliders, pizza, tacos, sushi, doughnuts, and whatever else that will soak up the alcohol.
- Last but not least is the bride and groom’s attire. Personalized attire includes the following: adding color to the all-white wedding dress, your shoes, the flowers selected for the boutonniere and bouquet, choices for old-new-borrowed-blue, and the lasting style of your photography.
Other wedding reception articles to check out: