Wedding is undeniably amongst the most important occasion in a person’s life and every couple wants to ensure that everything is perfect when they say their vows to live with each other forever. There are certain mistakes that should be avoided in a wedding to make it a dream wedding, and we feel that these are among the top ones:
Wedding Planning Mistakes
1. Having high demands from wedding party members – Even if bridesmaids and groomsmen offer you extra help, don’t take excess advantage of them. The have offered to help you not do everything. You need to understand that their only obligations are providing you emotional supports, participating in rehearsal, expense of wedding attire and travel and off course the role on the day of the wedding and maybe the reception toasts.
2. Stretching yourself too thin – Being a bride can sometimes become pretty hard having to plan and prioritize all the things and finalizing the details and it is better to seek help before you end up putting everything off and expect our friends and family to pick up the pieces.
3. Working without guidance – Without any guidance there will be too many details given to too many people Either make sure that you are well organized or think about hiring a wedding coordinator. He/she will single handily coordinate your wedding party, music, minister, seating arrangements etc., which in turn will ease your stress level.
4. Bachelor or Bachelorette party the night before your wedding – Never organize the party to enjoy your end of single-hood the night before the wedding Many brides and grooms have a tendency to over due the party and this may leave you looking tired with a hangover the next day.
5. Honeymoon right after the wedding – Don’t venture on your honeymoon right after the wedding, as you will be exhausted and little disorderly the following day after all the wedding planning and preparation. Take a couple of days to rest.
6. Getting the wedding dress at the last minute – Don’t wait till last minute for having your wedding dress shipped. Schedule your first fitting way before your wedding and final fitting at least a week before the wedding so that alterations can be made.
7. Prioritize and prioritize – Getting your priorities straight to know what you want the most, the music, photographer, food and wine, decorations or accommodating large guest list is a good thing. If you are not footing the bill yourself, you will have to forfeit certain decisions when it comes to finance and you will need to adjust on certain priorities or else pay for it.
8. Don’t set up an all Cash Bar – You should select the alcohol to be served at the reception as per your personal preference and budget. The guests should be courteous enough to accept whatever is offered and if they need something else, they will definitely get it themselves.
9. Wearing too high heels – As a bride, you will have to stand for long hours on your wedding day, so it is better to go flat or a lower heel for comfort. Moreover, wear your wedding shoes before the wedding, as you may get blisters in new shoes.
10. Don’t give too many instructions – You should not micromanage the wedding DJ, caterer or the photographer. They are professionals, so simply tell them your preferences and leave the rest to them.
Wedding planning requires lots of work out and thorough consideration of the budget to ensure that you get everything done perfectly without burning a hole in your pocket.
Matt loves listening to any music style he can understand the words. Matt lives in the wedding capital of the world, Las Vegas, with his wife Sharon. His likes include craft beer, baseball and, traveling.