Weddings of 1974
Who Married & What Happened?
Celebrating weddings of 1974. Where were you and what was happening?
If you were one of the weddings of 1974…
Congratulations on your wedding of 1974. You share your anniversary with the following events.
Celebrity Weddings of 1974
- Sasha Czack wed Sylvester Stallone
- Quincy Jones married Peggy Lipton
- Alex Trebek wed Elaine Callei
- Frankie Valli married Maryann Hannigan
- Robert Vaughn wed Linda Staab
News Highlights of 1974
- Patty Hearst is abducted by the so-called Symbionese Liberation Army and held for randsom. Later, she is caught helping rob a bank and sent to jail.
- People magazine debuts with Mia Farrow on the cover and launches the era of celebrity journalism.
- Henry “Hank” Aaron hits his 715 home run, breaking Babe Ruth’s record.
- Streaking – running naked in public – becomes a fad.
- Presiden Nixon resigns after facing impeachemnt over his role in the Watergate affair. He is succeeded by Vice President Ford, who pardons Nixon.
- The use of telephone answering machines becomes popular.
1974 Sports Champions:
- The Oakland A’s win the World Series.
- Super Bowl VIII – Miami Dolphins won 24-7 over the Minnesota Vikings.
- The Boston Celtics win the NBA Title.
- Philadelphia Flyers win the Stanley Cup.
Music Highlights of 1974
- Grammy’s Song of 1974: The Way We Were – Barbara Streisand
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods – Billy, Don’t Be A Hero
- Billy Swan – I Can Help
- Olivia Newton-John – I Honestly Love You
- Grand Funk – The Loco-Motion
- Terry Jacks – Seasons In The Sun
- Ray Stevens – The Streak
- MFSB – TSOP
- Paul Anka – The Way We Were
- Barry White – Can’t Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe
- Elton John – Bennie And The Jets
- Blue Swede – Hooked On A Feeling
- John Denver – Sunshine On My Shoulders
- Paul McCartney & Wings – Band On The Run
- Gordon Lightfoot – Sundown
- The Hues Corporation – Rock The Boat
- John Denver – Annie’s Song
- Roberta Flack – Feel Like Makin’ Love
- Paper Lace – The Night Chicago Died
- Andy Kim – Rock Me Gently
- George McCrae – Rock Your Baby
- Eric Clapton – I Shot The Sheriff
- Billy Preston – Nothing From Nothing
- Paul Anka – (You’re) Having My Baby
- Dionne Warwick & The Spinners – Then Came You
- Stevie Wonder – You Haven’t Done Nothin’
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive – You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet
- Helen Reddy – Angie Baby
- Harry Chapin – Cat’s In The Cradle
- Carl Douglas – Kung Fu Fighting
- Elton John – Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Barry Manilow – Mandy
- The Carpenters – Please Mr. Postman
- The Eagles – Best Of My Love
- The Doobie Brothers – Black Water
- Ohio Players – Fire
- Frankie Valli – My Eyes Adored You
- The Average White Band – Pick Up The Pieces
- Linda Ronstadt – You’re No Good
Entertainment Highlights of 1974
- Best Picture: The Sting: Tony Bill, Michael Phillips, Julia Phillips
- Best Actor: Jack Lemmon – Save the Tiger
- Best Actress: Glenda Jackson – A Touch of Class
Top Television Shows:
- All In The Family, Chico And The Man, Good Times, Hawaii Five-O, The Jeffersons, M*A*S*H, Maude, Rhoda, Sanford & Son, The Waltons
Learn more about 1974 on InfoPlease. Thank you for visiting our page – weddings of 1974.